Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   How many mama's post pone their 1st app? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1274302)

mom2luke&jake 09-07-2011 06:25 AM

How many mama's post pone their 1st app?

I dont typically get my first app until Im closer to the 2nd tri mark. Primarily b/c Im afraid if it m/c then I "think" it doesnt hurt so bad. (totally dillusional I know) but it just terrifies me to see a little heartbeat then lose the baby a couple weeks later (We lost a twin with our yds) I dont know just though I would see how crazy my theory is or if there is other mama's out there that feel the same.

Treasures From Elf 09-07-2011 06:34 AM

Re: How many mama's post pone their 1st app?

Definitely not me. I'm 6 weeks and I've already had two appointments and I have another one next week.

Br2me 09-07-2011 07:14 AM

I'm 7wks and have had 2 appts already... And a us last week to set edd and see hb... We still haven't told anyone around here... Not even our parents... But we plan to on Friday after dd1 birthday party

MNclothdiaperin'Momma 09-07-2011 09:10 AM

My Dr doesn't see us until you're after 10 wks. They want to wait until you're closer to the 2nd trimester...So I really don't have much of a choice when I get in unless there are issues.

mom2luke&jake 09-07-2011 09:21 AM

Man I thought for sure there would be a few more Mama's like me?!? I cant totally see your reason's for going in earlier though!

SeaChellsRun 09-07-2011 10:42 AM

I don't know how far along I am, 6 week perhaps? I went to my mw 2 weeks ago because I wanted to ask her some questions about possible apprenticeship. She tested me at this time for group b strep as she thought it may have been the reason for my mc the month before. It came up positive, I've taken holistic treatment and I'll be retested next week.

Oh and the other reason I went in is because I wasn't sure when I got preg and it was difficult to communicate over the phone with mw and I didn't want to forget 2 months later.

I'm also doing some trade work for her so I'll be seeing her nearly weekly to help her. Those won't be mw appts but I'll get to sponge up as much as my fluff brain can take in!

Fusion 09-07-2011 10:54 AM

mine likes to see us around 8 weeks, so my first appt is this afternoon :)

Amers78 09-07-2011 11:56 AM

I am waiting but not by choice. Here they refuse to set your first appointment until you have your Chart making appointment. I guess it is an appointment with a bunch of other mom's and it is two hours of lectures about pregnancy. This is my 5th pregnancy with a little luck 4th baby. What I am going to learn from this that I do not already know I have no clue. I could not get that appointment until the 11 week mark. After I have that appointment then I will be assigned an OB Dr and can make my first appointment from there. How long is this going to take I have no clue it could be days it could be weeks. I have at this point no clue when I will be seen. It is driving me crazy.

ReadingRenee 09-07-2011 12:23 PM

Im still waiting. There just isn't much point for me to go in early. If I had some worries or concerns I would. My first pregnancy I was in there at 6 weeks and I even got to hear the heartbeat! My second I didn't go til 12 weeks and I liked that much better. It was nice to be further along and more established in the pregnancy.

With this baby I feel too terrible to even think about leaving the house and making appointments. I really need to consult with some midwives but I am just not up to it right now. I am 8 and a half weeks right now.

SeaChellsRun 09-07-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadingRenee (Post 13706503)
With this baby I feel too terrible to even think about leaving the house and making appointments. I really need to consult with some midwives but I am just not up to it right now. I am 8 and a half weeks right now.

That reminds me the other reason why I wanted an early appointment... My mw books quickly and I wanted to make sure that she takes me on.