Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   How do you do it??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1274550)

zooanimalwrangler 09-07-2011 01:02 PM

How do you do it???

Cloth diaper that is when pregnant??? Seriously the smells from it are absolutely killing me and normally it doesn't bother me at all. The disposables don't smell as much to me so maybe I just do it part time until the super sense of smell goes away a bit? Ugh.:yuck:

Fusion 09-07-2011 01:13 PM

Re: How do you do it???

:hide: I'm not right now. Earth's Bests sposies on amazon are cheap enough and still without a chemicals that I am fine taking a little 1st tri break.

PrissyMaesMama 09-07-2011 01:24 PM

the smell hasnt bothered me at all. I never notice a smell with just pee diapers and I just hold my nose and spray the yuck diapers off QUICK! Honestly it's the disposable smell that kills me. I always notice a pee smell around disposables.

VWgurl619 09-07-2011 01:26 PM

Ew...those night time diapers I take out of the wetbag to wash are :thud: GROSS!!! Makes me gag everytime!

ClemsonMama87 09-07-2011 01:40 PM

It's just not a big deal to me. I mean, yeah they stink but not enough to make me spend extra unnecessary money on disposables lol.

blueone 09-07-2011 02:59 PM

I haven't noticed them to be that bad. If I washed them in a diaper safe detergent though, I think I'd be gagging. I was visiting a friend and I could smell the instant her baby peed, it was bad. I wash in Cheer, so even our nighttime diapers aren't bad smell wise.

zooanimalwrangler 09-07-2011 03:03 PM

oh i'm so glad to know i'm not the only one with super sense of smell issues. i tend to get morning sickness bad-with my last pregnancy i lost 25 lbs in the first trimester alone. so i think part-time is just going to have to work until I hit that happy stage. :)

CountryChicMama 09-08-2011 06:10 AM

Oh, there have been days where I've been spraying out a diaper w/ my head hanging over the tub, lol. But really if I can smell it before I change it and it's already making my stomach turn, I pop a STRONG mint or ginger gum in my mouth and that normally does the trick.

mom2luke&jake 09-08-2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrissyMaesMama (Post 13706947)
the smell hasnt bothered me at all. I never notice a smell with just pee diapers and I just hold my nose and spray the yuck diapers off QUICK! Honestly it's the disposable smell that kills me. I always notice a pee smell around disposables.

Quote:

Originally Posted by macsmommy10 (Post 13707075)
It's just not a big deal to me. I mean, yeah they stink but not enough to make me spend extra unnecessary money on disposables lol.

:yeahthat:
I just hold my breath and use extra tide! :giggle2:

Computermama 09-08-2011 07:19 AM

No idea. DD's been daytrained for over a year, and I learned the hard way she can't do cloth overnight (blistering bubbling rash, not pretty). I'd probably be about to upchuck if I had to do cloth. The smell of hte trash can with her night diapers, not even all of them have pee in them is enough to trigger nausea.