Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Any other HG mamas? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1274840)

froggymiamore 09-07-2011 11:18 PM

Any other HG mamas?

I can't be the only one suffering here... come out so we can support each other!! :thumbsup:

Croch3tingMom3 09-08-2011 01:56 AM

What is HG?

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

rahhlady 09-08-2011 03:23 AM

Re: Any other HG mamas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croch3tingMom3 (Post 13710641)
What is HG?

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

:yeahthat:

ReadingRenee 09-08-2011 07:26 AM

Hypermesis Gravidarum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002468/

So far I have escaped that but I feel so terrible for you mama's that are suffering. I hope you can get something to help you soon OP.

froggymiamore 09-08-2011 10:57 AM

well I'm headed to the ER now to get fluids and meds since I can't find a Dr to write me a script for it. Hopefully after that I'll get referred to an OB and they'll be willing to write me some meds and I just won't disclose to them that I'll be birthing the baby at home...

MNclothdiaperin'Momma 09-08-2011 11:22 AM

Good luck. I can't believe that they won't get you the meds since you're birthing at home. Will be thinking about you and hope that you can get some relief soon. I know that my meds have helped me so much. I still have nausea most of the day, but I can at least get some food and drinks in me now.

froggymiamore 09-08-2011 07:06 PM

Got some IV fluids and some zofran and a referral to an OB to get enough meds until around 20 weeks, which is when it usually gets better for me!

They also gave me an ultrasound today as well! I'll be posting a pic in the u/s thread in a sec!

ReadingRenee 09-08-2011 08:35 PM

Oh good! I hope the Zofran kicks in quickly for you. And how exciting you got to get an Ultrasound! :)

froggymiamore 09-08-2011 09:22 PM

Ah the Zofran... however, I found out my insurance won't cover but 9 pills in 15 days. I'm supposed to take 45 pills in 15 days. :hairpull: So I have 9 pills... going to try to get into see the OB they referred me to tomorrow to have them do something about this, otherwise my weekend is going to SUCK!

mamastesh 09-08-2011 09:48 PM

Hi mama! I'm due in March but wanted to pop in to give you some love and support. I had hg with my first and again this time but worse. Zofran pump worked for me with #1, but zofran did nothing for me this go around. The only thing that even touched the nausea was phenergan and benedryl. I was inpatient for 7 days total and have had a PICC line in since around 7weeks. I was getting iv nutrition up until a few days ago (I'm 14 weeks now).

I hope you can get the zofran that you need if it works for you. With #1 I was able to get insurance to pay, but there was an appeal process. It really helps to have an OB that is on board. I have found helpher.org to be a wonderful resource for info and available treatments/protocols. My best advice is to keep going back to the hospital if you are losing fluids and feeling dehydrated. It can be hard sometimes to get people to take things seriously. I went home on iv fluids and meds and still lost 7lbs in 5 days and the hospital had the different weights on record so then they took me seriously. Oh, and my ob rocks. But she even said to me yesterday that she wished things has been smoother in the hospital.

HG is really hard in the first tri, but it does get better and I hope it gets better soon for you mama. :hugs:

Sent from my DROID PRO using DS Forum