Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Pants not fitting already?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1275451)

mercyscreation 09-08-2011 10:02 PM

Pants not fitting already?!

I'm 6 wks 5 days (I think...give or take a couple days). I've gained about 1 lbs. so I know that's not it, but I had to bust out the hair band on the jeans button today. It was just too uncomfortable to have them buttoned correctly.

I remember being 10 wks with my second daughter and needing a little something like that. Anyone else having their pants not really fit anymore?

legable 09-09-2011 04:19 AM

Re: Pants not fitting already?!

I'm right there with you, had to bust out the rubber band over the weekend! I'm only 6w4d, but there's no way I can wear my jeans buttoned. We were trying to wait to tell people until I go to the doctor in 2 weeks, but I'm not sure how much longer I can keep it hidden! At least for work, I wear scrubs, so those are super comfy! I just feel silly getting out my maternity jeans already!

blueone 09-09-2011 06:26 AM

I've been using the BeBand from Target. I hate that thing because it never holds the back of my pants. But I'm not ready to pull out maternity pants.

MNclothdiaperin'Momma 09-09-2011 06:31 AM

I have been living in yoga pants, but I was able to put on my regular jeans 2 days ago. It didn't last very long, so I figure I will be doing maternity pants before too long...Oh, well. Get some use out of them this time around.

ClemsonMama87 09-09-2011 07:03 AM

Another good trick that I learned is to buy a cheap tank from Wally World, cut the top/straps off, and, ta-da, instant "belly band" :)

mom2luke&jake 09-09-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macsmommy10 (Post 13717987)
Another good trick that I learned is to buy a cheap tank from Wally World, cut the top/straps off, and, ta-da, instant "belly band" :)

:giggle: I do the same but I get mine from the Goodwill They work really well if you tuck them into the bottom of your bra :giggle2:

Computermama 09-09-2011 08:17 AM

Yup, I bought a belly band last week and have yanked out the maternity pants already. Probably doesn't help that I've been in denial for months about the weight I gained earlier in the year, but doing up pants went from not so comfortable to outright painful.

ClemsonMama87 09-09-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2luke&jake (Post 13718097)
:giggle: I do the same but I get mine from the Goodwill They work really well if you tuck them into the bottom of your bra :giggle2:

I hadn't thought about doing that but I will next time I wear it :giggle: I don't know if this is good or bad but today I was able to keep my pants up without the band (it's starting to get a big snug).

mercyscreation 09-09-2011 12:30 PM

phew glad to hear I'm not the only one! I feel silly about it too. I don't know if I can do the maternity pants yet I have the all soft stretchy version from motherhood. I don't think they'd stay up. Perhaps I should do the tank trick or get a band! :)

CaliRoll 09-09-2011 09:46 PM

My last pair of regular pants that still fit ripped last week so I've been in maternity jeans ever since. They're the stretchy top ones and still a bit big. My work/dress pants are getting tight so I'll be pulling out my larger sizes soon. I'm just shy of 9 weeks.