Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   a non-traditonal family here... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1275492)

DillyDay 09-08-2011 11:12 PM

a non-traditonal family here...

Hey folks.

ya know.. since this is a non-traditional fmaily forum, and i like beign around here, i figure i should introduce myself.

Hi! i am Justina, 28, have one Beautiful daughter Caya, 2.5 and another daughter on the way. I have a boyfriend who is mostly awesome, Patrick. He also has a boyfriend.. named S. for the sake of simplicity here, not sharing his name, as not my place to out him to everyone.

anyways, we are not a triad. we have what we refer to as a Poly-v relationship. Patrick is our common point. we are poly, and have a open relationship.

Depending on your option of open and poly, we prolly don't fit anywhere. and man, am i ever tired of hiding this relationship from people on here. so here i am. laying it out in the open.

Ugh, i have written this out so many times this this forum opened. my apologies if i sound angry/annoyed with having to hide this relationship. we are not quiet in our day to day life of the relationship i am a part of. hiding it anywhere else seems wrong.. or just excluding parts of it seems wrong in my mind... well.. Here we go from here!

Hi Everyone!

3rockstars 09-09-2011 06:37 AM

Re: a non-traditonal family here...

Glad there's a place for you now Justina. I know you've been a very loud advocate for this forum and I'm glad you finally have it. WELCOME!

blathnat 09-09-2011 06:44 AM

I completely understand how frustrating it can be to feel like you have to hide a part of your life. I'm poly (part of a quad- my wife and our two male partners) and while we are mostly open about it in real life- introducing it into any situation is always tricky and I always feel that nervous hesitation.

Nice to know I'm not alone on the board :) Yay!

lemurkinsmommy 09-09-2011 04:30 PM

We're a non-traditional family too! We're a bit more complicated though...to simplify it we are on the verge of poly, DH is poly curious so to speak and someday we will make the step towards probably a poly-v type of relationship. Our relationship is also a dominant and submissive relationship. We're pretty open in our day to day life and I'm open about my relationship on one of my other boards so I figured I might as well be open on here too.

DillyDay 09-09-2011 05:05 PM

@lemurkinsmommy We started out that way.. but since being a mom. i had to stand my ground on alot more issues then i thought i would.. like Yelling at the kids is NOT okay. i try to be a more peaceful parent then what our parents were.

i love being poly -V it's great when you just need. a. darn. break. so you can send them off to someone else's bed for a bit and get the king size to yourself. and i always told my parents i never wanted a full time boyfriend. they are too needy. so this works out even better.

@blathnat this is so true. introducing it to anyone has always been a nervous point for us. my family did not take it so well. my boyfriends family just shrugged their shoulders. my friends all seem accepting of it so far. even the ones from the elementary days.

lemurkinsmommy 09-09-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DillyDay (Post 13721739)
@lemurkinsmommy We started out that way.. but since being a mom. i had to stand my ground on alot more issues then i thought i would.. like Yelling at the kids is NOT okay. i try to be a more peaceful parent then what our parents were.

that's why ours is a much more complicated relationship, there are things that we have an equal power base (ie child rearing) and things that we don't, I like to think that we have a semi 1950's style of household.

DillyDay 09-09-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurkinsmommy (Post 13722471)
that's why ours is a much more complicated relationship, there are things that we have an equal power base (ie child rearing) and things that we don't, I like to think that we have a semi 1950's style of household.

Makes sense really, i need to try to get back into letting control go more. darn these mommy hormones making me get all grumpy. and pushy, and not taking nothing from no one.

Fairycat 09-09-2011 09:32 PM

I have to admit while in a traditional relationship, I am really glad to see there is non-traditional families like these on this board. Sometimes people on here seem so white bread and sometimes so far right, it seems very "Stepford Wife" here sometimes. I am used to many different family types from my different friends and other areas of my life, it is nice to see it here to. I hate to admit it, but it makes it feel less "stuffy" here reading about your families :)

Glad you guys finally have a place of your own :) While I feel very non-traditional, my marriage is probably the most "traditional" thing about me :giggle:

hippieintraining 09-10-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairycat (Post 13723317)
I have to admit while in a traditional relationship, I am really glad to see there is non-traditional families like these on this board. Sometimes people on here seem so white bread and sometimes so far right, it seems very "Stepford Wife" here sometimes. I am used to many different family types from my different friends and other areas of my life, it is nice to see it here to. I hate to admit it, but it makes it feel less "stuffy" here reading about your families :)

Glad you guys finally have a place of your own :) While I feel very non-traditional, my marriage is probably the most "traditional" thing about me :giggle:

Ditto completely!

justjacqueline 09-10-2011 05:28 AM

Welcome!