Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Please give me your easy and basic Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo recipe! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1275933)

SpanishBella 09-09-2011 07:33 PM

Please give me your easy and basic Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo recipe!

Title says it all! Please include how you make your sauce!

KingsDaughter76 09-12-2011 10:53 PM

Re: Please give me your easy and basic Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo recipe!

Well,

I take some chicken breasts and cook them in the oven for about and hour and half @325 till done... then cut them up into chunks (or use leftover shredded chicken from a previously roasted chicken) then set aside... I take some fettucinne noodles and cook them till done... drain them and then add cut up chicken to pot with noodles, add 8 oz shredded parmesan (sp??) cheese, salt, pepper, and 16 oz half/half creamer. Stir it all together till its all blended and cheese melted and enjoy! :-)

CamilikinsMama 09-13-2011 02:41 PM

I think mine is easy...You can let me know.

Sauce:
Melt butter in a sauce pan. Maybe 2-3 T?
Sprinkle in some flour (2-3T?) and stir it around for a minute.
Crush a couple cloves of garlic into the pan.
Pour in a little half and half and get out the lumps, then add the rest (1 cup)
Pour in a cup of milk.
Add paremesan if you have it.
Keep stirring until it thickens, add some salt to taste.

Chicken:
Sometimes we grill the chicken breasts.
Sometimes we cook a bunch in the crock pot. Either way, we dice it up and toss it in with the noodles after they are cooked.
Lately we've been using leftover rotisserie chicken and it's delish!

We always add steamed broccoli and couliflower, and sometimes thinly sliced carrots. We put everything in big serving bowl (pasta, chicken, veggies) and then pour the sauce over it.

Mmmmmm!

myclanof6 09-16-2011 03:23 PM

I don't ever measure anything except to bake so this is approximate. You can use whatever kind of chicken, grilled, baked, frozen cooked, etc.
This is to make about 6-8-ish servings I think, there are 5 of us and we have leftovers, so this makes alot, but you can improvise and cut back. It isn't healthy but it's good!
Melt about 1-2 tbs butter in pan, add about a cup of cream or 1/2&1/2. I've used all 1% milk but had to add a little cornstartch to make it thicker, less rich tasting but still good. I add a 4-6 oz package of room temp crumbled feta cheese (tomato & basil is good) and a handful of parmesan. Keep stirring on low til feta is melted, add chicken then add noodles and eat! The sauce takes about as long to make as the noodles need to cook.