Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   LOVE this man! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1276910)

carolineb 09-11-2011 05:16 PM

LOVE this man!

My LO won't stay in the nursery at church so I always wear him anyway. He naps better and I know when he needs to nurse. I usually go into the nursing room but I had my oldest with me during the first part of the service. DH was working and not with me. It was time to nurse the baby so I went into the lobby because he was fussy so I brought ODS with me so he could join the kids coming out for children's church. Anyway an older man who I know really well walked up and said "chow time?" I said yep! He sat down right next to me where I was nursing with no cover and he said "I'm so glad to see you out in the open breastfeeding. I think more moms need to do that." I thanked him and then he said when his kids were born it was a time of when "doctors thought they could do it better than God" and said his wife never breastfed. And he actually looked disappointed. Not in her but in the doctors. Anyway I thought it was cool to get that kind of support and encouragement from an older man.

allisoninfl 09-11-2011 09:13 PM

Re: LOVE this man!

It's really nice when someone is so supportive!
(Especially an older man, because a lot of times they just feel a little uncomfortable about it).

BabyFishDesigns 09-11-2011 09:23 PM

That's awesome!!!

Connor 09-11-2011 10:45 PM

That's so cool! Yes, it's always nice to hear supportive things from others :)

fijitwijit 09-11-2011 11:02 PM

that is awesome!! older ladies say that to me often when I'm out at the thrift store... but never had a gentlemen say it!
I did once have a rude guy in a fine dinning restaurant say to me as I nursed my NB, "do you mind I'm trying to eat" I said "no I don't mind at all, my son and I are eating as well" he then said in the direction of his dinner date "she should do that in the restroom!" I kindly asked him "would you enjoy eating your meal in the restroom?" he didn't respond back and said nothing more. after all that is what our nursing babies are doing enjoying their meal!! :D

Connor 09-12-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fijitwijit
that is awesome!! older ladies say that to me often when I'm out at the thrift store... but never had a gentlemen say it!
I did once have a rude guy in a fine dinning restaurant say to me as I nursed my NB, "do you mind I'm trying to eat" I said "no I don't mind at all, my son and I are eating as well" he then said in the direction of his dinner date "she should do that in the restroom!" I kindly asked him "would you enjoy eating your meal in the restroom?" he didn't respond back and said nothing more. after all that is what our nursing babies are doing enjoying their meal!! :D

You tell him Mama!! I'm always ready if someone ever has the nerve to say something to me.

A&M'smommy 09-12-2011 10:40 AM

I must live in a fairly crunchy area because I haven't ever had someone say something to me about NIP. And I nurse just about everywhere. Sometimes I do wait and nurse in the car but thats just so I can better contain DD1 who is 2.5.