Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   9-14-11 daily chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1278407)

Croch3tingMom3 09-14-2011 06:33 AM

9-14-11 daily chat

K I know I started the chat yesterday and disappeared :( sorry I was able to clean my house, my church, have a playdate, go grocery shopping, and have dinner done on time though :)

I hope that everyone is doing well today

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

MNclothdiaperin'Momma 09-14-2011 06:54 AM

Re: 9-14-11 daily chat

Wow! Sounds like quite the busy day. Obviously not as busy here. I had a great night last night when my mom was here. She surprised us with a triple stroller for the kiddos. It looks so nice. She was out at a garage sale over the weekend and came across a Peg Perego for $50! She had no idea how much they usually go for...I guess that the lady had triplets and had two of these strollers and just wanted to get rid of it. The thing looks like a limo, but I think that we will get some good use out of it next spring.

Croch3tingMom3 09-14-2011 06:59 AM

That is awesome I would love a quad stroller at the least but don't think it would happen lol

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

blueone 09-14-2011 07:38 AM

I am so tired today, not just tired from pregnancy, but flat out worn out. My hubby has been working late and leaves really early in the morning for work too (that part is normal, but he's usually home by 6:30, however his supervisors are screwing over the whole platoon). I had a play date arranged but the other moms kid is sick, the mom I know would normally be up is with her husband who's on midtour leave so I skipped asking her, I know that time is so important before they deploy again.

I just want a break. But at least my hubby came home alive. It's easier than it was during deployment.

Croch3tingMom3 09-14-2011 07:53 AM

I miss the army and the way of life. It has been hard for us to adjust being civies again. It has almost been a year and neither of us has been able to find a job or anything.
I know how the SGTs can be though and it can be tiresome.
Thank you to your husband and your family for serving our country.

blueone 09-14-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croch3tingMom3 (Post 13749488)
I miss the army and the way of life. It has been hard for us to adjust being civies again. It has almost been a year and neither of us has been able to find a job or anything.
I know how the SGTs can be though and it can be tiresome.
Thank you to your husband and your family for serving our country.

Well thanks for you and your husbands previous service! As much as I sometimes wish he had a regular job, I'm thankful he just has one right now and know how hard it is to find a job outside of the army. As it is, the military is apparently laying off people left and right because they are completely full.

Good luck finding a job and all.

Computermama 09-14-2011 11:07 AM

I had a previously rare experience - I got to shop alone! DD just started JK every other day, and I don't drive, so I either shop with a child in tow if I cab it, or with DH and DD both. It's nice ot be able to browse without someone getting whiny, LOL. Not going to get a reprieve for long, since I'll be back to child in tow once this one gets here.

moonlightblonde 09-14-2011 11:35 AM

My appointment was fairly useless.

Right before I went dp got a call from the company we just went for an interview at a couple of weeks ago. He got it! Which means that we are moving 10 hrs away. The midwife did give me some requisition forms for blood work/an ultrasound but she said not to go until 10-12 weeks. I have to try contacting the midwives out there to see if I can get on the list, should be interesting as we don't have an address or really even a date yet - dp still needs the security clearance before they provide the start date.

This should be interesting, I have to get rid of SO much stuff before this move. Thankfully I am working on being more minimalist, it is just going to be hard 'throwing out' so much money.

This will be so weird - I have never been in another city before, we both grew up here and are used to city life, we will be going VERY rural, lol. At least we have a grocery store, a giant tiger and a Tim Hortons still but that is pretty much it.

Br2me 09-14-2011 04:01 PM

U will love country life!!! Yes it will take a nice drive to get to anywhere big to shop or eatout somewhere nice... But the country air and all the space for kids... The friendly neighbors who actually care to get to know you and want to help you out when they can... I LOVE country life!!!

VWgurl619 09-14-2011 04:34 PM

I'm jealous of your soon to be country life... Where I live now, the country life here is all rednecks, hillbillies and white trash.. It's awful! The lack of education here! :banghead: can't wait to move away from here!!!