Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's baking this week? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1278501)

Only 09-14-2011 10:39 AM

What's baking this week?

I LOVE baking. :blush:

I made peanut butter cookies over the weekend that are nearly gone. I am thinking of making a cake but not sure what kind.

Does anyone have plans to bake this week?

mommyluvs222 09-14-2011 10:43 AM

Re: What's baking this week?

I'm making Amish friendship bread!! I received some starter back in July and have been baking some every 10 days or so.

AndeeL 09-14-2011 10:46 AM

I bake every 4-5 days. Dh plowed thru half a pan of brownies last night.

I dunno what I'll bake later. Baking a loaf of bread today.

You should make peanut butter choco cupcakes with choco PB frosting. :drif: :bliss:

ahenson 09-14-2011 10:55 AM

Baked oatmeal muffins from scratch!

JeDeeLenae 09-14-2011 11:01 AM

We celebrated good school progress with Jello cake!!

Only 09-14-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndeeL (Post 13750208)
You should make peanut butter choco cupcakes with choco PB frosting. :drif: :bliss:

Hmm, that sounds delish!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae (Post 13750322)
We celebrated good school provenance with Jello cake!!

What recipe did you use? :)

I found a recipe for chocolate bacon cupcakes. I realize this sounds disgusting to some but I had a chocolate bar with bacon peices in it and it was heavenly. :blush:

I have been in the mood for chocolate so I may make a chocolate cake but I need to find a recipe.

Slightly OT, I use allrecipes.com, does anyone have any other recipe websites they love or food blogs baking related?

JeDeeLenae 09-14-2011 11:16 AM

Jello cake is super easy, and cheap.

White cake mix
3oz jello pkg
8oz cool whip

Bake cake as directed. Let cool.

Meanwhile, mix jello and 1 cup of hot water to dissolve jello. Add 1 cup cold water.

Poke holes in cake, about 1-2" apart, so about 12 holes. And poor jello mixture into holes and on top of cake.

Let sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours to cool. "Frost" with cool whip. Enjoy.

ETA: I use my mom for recipes. :blush:

MaBacon 09-14-2011 11:28 AM

I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday, today I think some pumpkin spice cookies are calling my name. I have to bake a cake for my birthday boy who turns 1 on friday too! :)

qsefthuko 09-14-2011 11:35 AM

I'm getting ready to bake chocolate chip cookies and start a sour dough starter. I let my starter die when I was pregnant. Now I'm craving fresh sourdough bread but will have to wait until the starter is ready in about a week.

AndeeL 09-14-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugstrees

Hmm, that sounds delish!

What recipe did you use? :)

I found a recipe for chocolate bacon cupcakes. I realize this sounds disgusting to some but I had a chocolate bar with bacon peices in it and it was heavenly. :blush:

I have been in the mood for chocolate so I may make a chocolate cake but I need to find a recipe.

Slightly OT, I use allrecipes.com, does anyone have any other recipe websites they love or food blogs baking related?

Bakerella, Brown Eyed Baker, Wannabe a Country Cleaver, The Hill Country Cook are some good food.blogs. :)