Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pooping help.... LOL (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1279)

beckers1111 04-25-2006 05:31 PM

Pooping help.... LOL

My DD won't poop on the potty, if I catch her mid act, sometimes I can get her to finish on the potty and its not like shes afraid of it, shes fully pee trained, rarely has accidents, BUT she WONT go poop on the potty, HELP!!! :rolleyes:

momtotwinboyz 04-25-2006 05:45 PM

Re: Pooping help.... LOL

I'm having the exact same problem with my twin boys. Pee is no problem. Poop....forget it!!! It seems like it scares them to actually do it on the potty. I would live some help in this area as well.

loulou belle 04-25-2006 07:41 PM

My dd has had terrible problems with constipation since she was 4 months, and has been on lactulose and miralax since. I don't know what age you are trying to potty learn however, this worked for us.

We did not want to push *hehe* the potty issue, because we knew what the result would be. She could pee on the potty like a champ, but no poo.

I told her that she could wear her big girl panties (elmo, nemo, and thomas), but if she had to poo, she needed to tell me, and I'd take her to the bathroom, put her in a diaper, and stand outside the door until she was done. Then I'd clean her up, in the bathroom, wash her hands, wash mine, and then put her back in her big girl panties. (I made it take a very long time.)
She also wanted a Barbie (ugh!). I dislike barbie, but I thought what the heck. I told her she could have the barbie...If she pooped on the potty.

Within a month, she got tired of this taking so much time out of her play time, that she hopped on the potty one morning, and has never looked back.
She did get the barbie, and she has not touched it since we left the TRU parking lot. (she was very disspointed in the barbie, it did not do what the commerical showed)

Now, if I could get her off of the daily dose of laxative, I'd really be happy.

beckers1111 05-09-2006 12:12 PM

any more suggestions?? Im at my wits end....I dont know what to do!!!!! :cry:

Lovinmy2boys 05-09-2006 07:13 PM

I know some won't agree with this but....
DS#1 REFUSED to poop on the potty. He almost had a phobia about it, like he was losing a part of his body or something, KWIM? Well, I let it ride b/c you know how it is, just thinking if you don't make a big deal out of it he'll do it on his own. He was ALMOST 3! and I just got fed up. Also there was a really great preschool/moms day out program I wanted him to attend, and he needed to be fully potty trained. He was totally ready but just refused to do it.
I had caught him sneaking around, he would try to hide when he had to go #2, and I just caught him, picked him up, and forced him to sit on his little potty. He screamed and carried on and held it in. Then he calmed down and just sat. I told him he had to sit there until he pooped(knowing that there was a poop ready). He FINALLY pooped, started crying because he did it in the potty, then he got happy. He never wore a pull up again.

Ok, I am not saying for you to duct-tape your dd to the potty chair, but I think by making him do it he overcame his fear of it.
HTH!