Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Some questions about Baylor of Frisco and Allen Birthing Center (and maybe Inanna) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1280926)

jessca06 09-18-2011 07:46 PM

Some questions about Baylor of Frisco and Allen Birthing Center (and maybe Inanna)

I'm pregnant with #2 and trying to decide on a hospital or birthing center. I think I've narrowed it down to these two (with distance being a big factor because I don't want to have to go much farther--these are both about 50 minutes to an hour from me).

I live between Sherman and McKinney. I'm looking at the Inanna Birthing Center too but it's a little farther away.

So my questions are--Does Baylor of Frisco let the baby stay in your room all night? Do they let your DH stay overnight? Do they let a toddler stay overnight (not necessary but I'm still wondering)? Are they good about letting mom breastfeed and not "accidentally" giving formula? These are all questions I will call and ask them but I figure I'll get a better idea from people who have actually been there.

If you've been to the Allen Birthing Center or Inanna Birthing Center, what are your thoughts on them?

Thank you so much!

almoyo 11-08-2011 12:40 PM

Re: Some questions about Baylor of Frisco and Allen Birthing Center (and maybe Inanna

I received prenatal care at Inanna, and have nothing but great things to say about the midwives there. They were very proactive and thorough. Unfortunately, I was unable to deliver there due to HELLP, but I recommend Inanna to anyone looking for a natural birth.

mom2threeboys 12-30-2011 10:24 PM

Re: Some questions about Baylor of Frisco and Allen Birthing Center (and maybe Inanna

I had baby #3 at the Allen Birthing Center and I am now using them for my 4th pregnancy. I could never say enough great things about the midwives there! CNM Amy delivered my last. I had my birth at the birthing center and plan to a have a homebirth this time. They really listen to you and are very attentive. I have always felt at home and felt like they are friends and partners in my care not a provider telling me how it is. I would strongly recommend setting up an interview! BTW I live close now but I was an hour away when I had #3. I would do it again in a second even with the drive. Good luck!

mom2threeboys 12-30-2011 10:25 PM

Sorry I didn't realize how old this question was. I am sure you found a place by now.

jessca06 12-31-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2threeboys (Post 14364003)
Sorry I didn't realize how old this question was. I am sure you found a place by now.

It's ok :) I ended up going with the Allen Birthing Center and am very happy so far. It's still good to hear that you had a great experience with them and chose to use them again!

momof3boys1girl 01-25-2012 04:46 PM

Old post but thought id chime in. I used inanna with ds2 and had a good birth. With ds3 i used bella births in mckinney and really liked it better :) Allen birth center ive heard is great! GL and congrats!

bensmom75 03-02-2012 06:45 PM

I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to say that our experience with Allen Birthing Center was wonderful!!! I think you made a good choice :thumbsup:

MacyKM 03-02-2012 09:26 PM

I am one for Baylor Frisco-
1st was delivered in Dec 2010

She stayed in my room all night- strictly breastfed, never onced pushed or offered formula- even when jaudence was REALLY REALLY REALLY high. Husband stayed- no children can stay over night.

Food is AWESOME! Nurses are AWESOME! And the night before you go home you get a steak and lobster dinner with this awesome chocolate cake.

I LOVED the nurses- they made the difference I swear!

jessca06 09-20-2012 10:41 AM

I want to update this--

I chose the Allen Birthing Center and LOVED everything about the place.

My DS (my 2nd child) was born May 2012 there. The midwives are all amazing and I highly recommend the birthing center.