Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   No more babies!!!(long) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1281149)

clothrookie3 09-19-2011 10:08 AM

No more babies!!!(long)

I'm new on this board looking for advice. First let me start off by saying in 24 & dh is 26 and will be married 6 years in December. We have three children (3,18 months, and 5 weeks). We planned on two children. I have history of dysplasia (3 freezings later got rid of it). We got pregnant (on purpose) when our first was 10 months old and miscarried at 8 weeks. We got pregnant again (on purpose) a few months later and had our second. After having our second I never quit bleeding...I HEAVILY bled for 8 months! I had an internal sonogram done to find an interuterine polyp. My doctor told me to quit taking my birth control (I was going to family planning with which that doctor started it to see if it would stop the bleeding). The hormones were making the polyp act up is what my doctor said. Anyways I quit bleeding and my conception date was a week later. (after not having sex for 8 months we missed it lol). Anyways I just had our third and we did an internal sono again (to see if delivery fixed my problem) and turns out I have an enlarged uterus and there's still fluid inside. I'm not bleeding but have A LOT of gross discharge (sry tmi). I EBF if that matters. Anyways were talking doing a hysterectomy. I've done pills of all kinds (I'm horrible at remembering), the patch(again-horrible at remembering), the shot(I hate needles and I bled the whole time), an iud(I bled the whole time), and I'm obviously VERY fertile because of all the circumstances lol. Both dh and I hate condoms, pull out wouldn't work and neither would charting. So now that I got that all out lol is there any other option? I was devastated when we found out we were pregnant with #3 I could not handle a #4!! any advice??

meg321 09-20-2011 06:37 AM

Re: No more babies!!!(long)

have you ever talked about DH getting a V? It sounds like that might be the best route to go at this point. Good luck!

Fashionably Green Baby 09-20-2011 06:41 AM

yeah vasectomy mama. A hysterectomy is SERIOUS business (as i'm sure you know)

Fashionably Green Baby 09-20-2011 06:41 AM

yeah vasectomy mama. A hysterectomy is SERIOUS business (as i'm sure you know)

tuckergirl 09-20-2011 07:01 AM

I would suggest the big V too. It's a much less invasive procedure for DH than if you were to have permanent birth control measures. Unless your doctor recommends a hysterectomy for you for safety/health reasons, then I'd definitely talk to your DH about a V.

We're pregnant with #3 now and we only ever planned on two. (Apparently condoms don't work when you forget them at home, go away for a weekend and score an awesome deal where you get a 2 bedroom suite and get to sleep in a separate room from the kids . . .) We're excited about baby, but we KNOW that we don't want any more after this, so my DH got the V about a week ago. He's sore still, but he did it completely voluntarily because he saw it as being responsible in terms of our family. And because he hates condoms - LOL!

Melinda29 09-20-2011 07:22 AM

I'd also opt for vasectomy. If it's done in hospital it can be pricey, but some docs will do it in the office and all you pay is your copay. You might have to call around different doctors. But make SURE he uses protection afterwards until you do the follow up sperm check. My BIL had to have his redone, fortuntely they were very careful during that time.

amgermain 09-21-2011 12:00 PM

The big V, definitely! My DH is having it done once we're certain we're finished having children. I figure I've had to be "responsible" for BC for the last 10 years with taking the pill, having an IUD, etc., that it'll be his turn :)

CCRMSS 09-21-2011 12:09 PM

The big V!

jbug_4 09-21-2011 05:09 PM

I would opt for the V too unless there is another reason for just your uterus to be removed. Has your doc suggested that you might need a hysterectomy for your problems? My friend (at 25) had what they call a soggy bottom uterus so they recommended she have a partial hysterectomy- removal of the uterus but leaving the everything else. So all the hormones are pretty much intact, just no uterus. All though there is still a rare chance of getting pregnant, but it low and the pregnancy will more then likely not survive. There aren't too many places where an embryo can grow so its just doesn't happen. But I wouldn't opt for this as strictly a bc method- only if its needed for other purposes.

clothrookie3 09-21-2011 08:28 PM

Yes I'll keep my ovaries. Our reasons are to get rid of the "problem areas" (uterus and cervix) and to make sure I can't have any more children.