Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Talk me down!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1283051)

Just2fornow 09-22-2011 10:14 AM

Talk me down!!!

DS is 16 months and a ball of fire! DD just turned 3 and is a handful and half. And I LOVE them both!! :giggle: They keep me busy busy busy. DH and I had originally wanted 6 kids. Then we had DD and thought ok 4 will be great. Then we had DS and thought holy cow let's be done (at least for now). :giggle: We have talked tons and have decided to not think about more babies until DD is in school (so 2 more years). But I'm getting a little baby fever. I miss BFing and snuggling and BWing a tiny LO. But on the other hand, I love having just the 2 of them. They are close in age and get along well. We are SUPER busy as a family and having 2 just "works" for us right now. We have a great house for our family and no real room for another. Plus we don't have a car for 3 babes. Come on ladies, talk me down....:giggle:

Lanasmom 09-22-2011 10:15 AM

Re: Talk me down!!!

Can't talk you down b/c I want another one and my kids are 4/08 and 5/10. LOL...DH says no, so he is talking me down!

Mags462 09-22-2011 08:03 PM

I have 3 and am done :goodvibes: But it took me a LONG time to be okay with that. I just tried to focus on what things would change because of a new baby. I'm not saying more kiddos are bad - but for me it helped me to focus on the advantages of not having more. A few things i realized i would gain from stopping. Mental sanity - we had 3 boys in 3.5 years. Enough said :giggle2: More time with each child individually. DS1 just started all day K. I missed that child so much for a few weeks, and still do, but now i realize how wonderful it is to just have alone time with DS2. When DS3 goes down for a nap, the two of us get two solid hours of doing what HE wants - and being the middle child, who was only 16mo old when DS3 came along - he's overdue for things his way. I don't have to lug around a diaper bag anymore. I am able to CLEAN out the items i have been storing "just in case" and give them to people who can use them. I kept a few things, but its nice to have more space to put things in the boys want. I get to sleep through the night... ahhhh..... :lostit: We get to go on vacations as families without hauling a van full of SHEESH just to make sure all the little have everything they could possibly need. We get to spend time ALONE as a couple - a new babe would make that nonexistant again. Not that it doesn't have its time and place, but i had sooooo much fun in Aug with my DH for a weekend getaway. It was the first time we had been alone, together for more than a 4 hour date night in 5.5 years. It was AWESOME....

Okay, I'll be quiet..... ;)

willownz 09-22-2011 10:44 PM

I have 3 and I want 1 maybe 2 more, so I am no help sorry.

Just2fornow 09-23-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mags462 (Post 13804417)
I have 3 and am done :goodvibes: But it took me a LONG time to be okay with that. I just tried to focus on what things would change because of a new baby. I'm not saying more kiddos are bad - but for me it helped me to focus on the advantages of not having more. A few things i realized i would gain from stopping. Mental sanity - we had 3 boys in 3.5 years. Enough said :giggle2: More time with each child individually. DS1 just started all day K. I missed that child so much for a few weeks, and still do, but now i realize how wonderful it is to just have alone time with DS2. When DS3 goes down for a nap, the two of us get two solid hours of doing what HE wants - and being the middle child, who was only 16mo old when DS3 came along - he's overdue for things his way. I don't have to lug around a diaper bag anymore. I am able to CLEAN out the items i have been storing "just in case" and give them to people who can use them. I kept a few things, but its nice to have more space to put things in the boys want. I get to sleep through the night... ahhhh..... :lostit: We get to go on vacations as families without hauling a van full of SHEESH just to make sure all the little have everything they could possibly need. We get to spend time ALONE as a couple - a new babe would make that nonexistant again. Not that it doesn't have its time and place, but i had sooooo much fun in Aug with my DH for a weekend getaway. It was the first time we had been alone, together for more than a 4 hour date night in 5.5 years. It was AWESOME....

Okay, I'll be quiet..... ;)

YAY!!!! THIS is what I needed :goodvibes: We absolutely adore our family the way it is now and so many things would have to change if we had another. We only have 2 kid rooms- who is gonna share? We have a little car- no room for 3 carseats and no cash to buy a new one. And I love spending time with both of them seperately and with my DH! THANKS!

amb2j 09-24-2011 10:30 AM

Sorry! I wont be any help here! When baby fever hits, it knows no logic :giggle: