Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Crockpot BBQ Chicken?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1283726)

Katiebird89 09-23-2011 11:44 AM

Crockpot BBQ Chicken??

Im looking for a really really good recipe.

See i want to make BBQ chicken in my crockpot, but i want my chicken to come out Sticky and juicy and oh so flavorful...

Does anyone have a good recipe??

OurAllenBaby 09-23-2011 08:28 PM

Re: Crockpot BBQ Chicken??

Honestly, I just throw in a couple chicken breasts and my fav BBQ sauce. While the chicken is falling apart done I drain any cooking water or juice off, remove any bones, skin etc and then shred the meat up with a fork and top off with some more BBQ sauce. Serve on hamburger buns or rolls. I really like sweet baby rays BBQ sauce.

Katiebird89 09-23-2011 08:43 PM

I really want sticky gooey chicken like I get from my favorite pizza place back home LOL I think since the stuff I made tonight failed(too much water not enough bbq sauce) Im going to retry tomorrow night with a huge bottle of bbq sauce some honey and a 1/2cup of water ;) I this is it becuase mmmmmm i love gooey sticky chicken!

mugsywebb 09-23-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OurAllenBaby (Post 13811372)
Honestly, I just throw in a couple chicken breasts and my fav BBQ sauce. While the chicken is falling apart done I drain any cooking water or juice off, remove any bones, skin etc and then shred the meat up with a fork and top off with some more BBQ sauce. Serve on hamburger buns or rolls. I really like sweet baby rays BBQ sauce.

woot! to you! lol
I just did this with pork tenderloin yesterday and it was mucho fabulous!
same bbq sauce pref too :)

oh but i cooked my meat then drained it/shredded it, then poured in a whole bottle (well, 2) of sauce

OurAllenBaby 09-23-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katiebird89 (Post 13811474)
I really want sticky gooey chicken like I get from my favorite pizza place back home LOL I think since the stuff I made tonight failed(too much water not enough bbq sauce) Im going to retry tomorrow night with a huge bottle of bbq sauce some honey and a 1/2cup of water ;) I this is it becuase mmmmmm i love gooey sticky chicken!

I would drain off the water when the meat is done, so that the sauce isn't watered down. Then add some more sauce!:drif:

LaughingPeaMama 09-23-2011 08:51 PM

be careful to add extra water and make sure you have a crock pot that goes to warm or a shut off of some sort else the bbq sauce can taste a bit burned. But yea we usually use chicken thighs to have a bit more juice.

LaughingPeaMama 09-23-2011 08:51 PM

Sorry just saw the above post...that would work too

Katiebird89 09-24-2011 08:31 AM

mmmmm thats a really good idea! Thanks!