Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Anyone else pretty bad at TTA? *UPDATED* (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1283759)

hminor11 09-23-2011 12:36 PM

Anyone else pretty bad at TTA? *UPDATED*

UPDATE- Well, I got a BFP this morning!! I think I answered how DH and I felt about having another because we were both super excited :mrgreen: I will be due during the summer and will only have 2 semesters left of school when I do have to go back, so it really worked out perfect. Hopefully i'm not a bad influence on those of you TTA :giggle:

We have decided regular birth control isn't an option for our family so we use NFP. During fertile times we are *supposed* to either abstain or use condoms. We are really bad about getting caught up in the moment and we both hate condoms. So it seems like every month we slip up at one point or another and I am testing like crazy, freaking out that I might be pregnant at the end of every cycle. Are we the only ones that do this? It wouldn't be the end of the world if we did end up pregnant, but ideally we would like to wait a couple years. I guess we just have no self-control :giggle:

TofuScramble 09-24-2011 02:44 PM

Re: Anyone else pretty bad at TTA?

the only times we've been like that were when deep down we wanted to make a baby.. so it was always "oops" lol :giggle:

Now though- I am like PUT THE CONDOM ON!!! lol No slip ups!

RainandRedemption 09-24-2011 03:31 PM

I think people are "bad" about TTA when they wouldn't really mind having another :) We can't avoid completely when I'm fertile so we just.... ahem.... flip the other way. For that. period. of time.
:D

hminor11 09-24-2011 05:26 PM

Yeah, I re-read my post and was thinking the same thing. It seems more like we are NTNP than TTA. We want to have 4 kids eventually, but I am trying to finish nursing school. I guess we need to have a little chat about where we really are on the whole baby situation. Thanks for your honesty mama's :)

Lisathena 09-26-2011 07:24 PM

I suck at this...hence the last 2 being 12 months apart! That being said....we slipped during my furtile time 2 weeks ago almost...it was the most amazing evening w/ DH :wub: but afterwards i got scared...but it was amazing...

danimdel 09-29-2011 11:46 AM

Congrats! I guess bing bad at TTA worked out wonderfully for you! Lol. I agree with everyone else that when you truly aren't ready for another you're suddenly much better at using protection!

mamamanya 09-29-2011 11:46 AM

Re: Anyone else pretty bad at TTA? *UPDATED*

:lostit::lostit:Congrats mama!!:lostit::lostit:

TofuScramble 10-01-2011 08:44 PM

Congratulations!!! :D

hminor11 10-02-2011 11:59 AM

Thanks mama's :)

missydawn 10-02-2011 12:07 PM

CONGRATS!!!