Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   What do you pack in your hospital bag (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1284119)

mrscompgeek 09-24-2011 07:16 AM

What do you pack in your hospital bag

Dd1 was a home birth so with this baby being my first hospital birth I'm clueless....so tell me what did you pack in your hospital bag, what did you not use and what did you wish you had packed? Did you wear your own sweats/yoga pants after birth or the hospital gown.( I'm thinking sweats because we have large families so I will have a lot of visitors in and out) . Did you take sleepers for baby to wear or just use hospital stuff?

jackyl08 09-24-2011 09:23 AM

Re: What do you pack in your hospital bag

I bought new pajamas and yoga pants for each birth. I bought black ones, just in case of leaking or whatever. This time, I got capri type pajamas and a matching top that was super stretchy for nursing. I also brought some yoga pants to wear during the day. For the babies, I brought our own clothes and the nurses put those on baby. I did bring my own underthings, but the nurses suggested using their disposable undies for the first while and I was glad I did. I know some women like to wear their own things, though. I also brought my nursing bras. I got brand new flip flops and socks. I did not get slippers because DS was born in August and it was just too hot for me to wear them. I way overpacked when I had DD, so this time, I just packed 4 pairs of yoga pants(one to wear home), 3 shirts and my pj's. If push came shove, DH could bring me more things, since he was at home with DD at night. I was in the hospital for about 40hrs after birth and what I brought was fine.

Just2fornow 09-25-2011 11:11 AM

I was only in the hospital 24 hours after DD was born but this is what I brought:
yoga pant, nursing tank (x2), socks, robe, toothpaste/toothbrush, CHAPSTICK!. Then I brought all the things that I would use if I were to "get ready"; shampoo/conditioner, flat iron (I have crazy bangs and this is the only way they can be tamed), makeup and extra hair ties. For baby I brought her "going home" outfit. I also packed snacks for my "labor team" to munch on during labor. Things like bananas, trail mix and candy. Just stuff to get them through. :goodvibes:

joyous 09-28-2011 07:13 PM

I brought my own clothes to wear after the birth. Yoga pants and shorts plus a couple tops. Also, bring whatever toiletries you need to feel somewhat "normal."For me that meant toothbrush, face wash, moisturizer, chapstick, hairbrush, shampoo, conditioner. After labor, I just wanted to feel clean!

Bring some comfy socks or slippers. Also, a blanket and pillow from home. The
hospital ones aren't the comfiest. And don't forget a nursing bra and clean undies!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

jamilynn84 09-28-2011 07:22 PM

chapstick
nursing tank
pajama pants
robe
toiletries
laptop

amgermain 09-29-2011 05:39 AM

I brought my own clothes to wear after birth, toliteries for me, a pillow, camera and battery charger, cell phone and charger, the book I was reading at the time, and my laptop and charger. I didn't bring clothes for either of my DD's because I figured I'd have enough laundry to do once we got home and they started wearing their clothes ;-)

angel0123 09-30-2011 04:54 PM

Here is mine. I plan for 2 night stay.
Hossy bag

3 pjs
2 outfits
Crocs
6 socks
6 undies
2 packs maxis
Toiletries
Wetbags
B suit (for labour tub)
Robe

Scratch mitts
Sleepers
Swaddlers
Dipes
Wipes
Blanket
Car seat
Bum cream (to make meconium wipe easier)
Breast pads
Iphone charger
Wet bags

Edited to add i bring baby clothes bc the nighties they have are open at the back. Seems so chilly.

hilaryisinked 09-30-2011 06:55 PM

I'm packing:
My own pillow
Comfy clothes
Laptop and charger
Camera and batteries (if I can find it...my toddler hid it :cry:)
Birth plan copies
Toiletries
Mama cloth
Lots of underwear
Make up...I felt like such a slob after DD and hated how I looked in photos!

For baby
Scratch mittens
A few outfits in case I want to change them but DD stayed in the white shirts they give out and swaddled the whole time
Cloth diapers,wipes, wet bag, wipe solution
Woombie
Pacifiers because I don't like the soothies they give out
Blanket

Oh and a nursing bra or tank...I prefer bra less but since my FIL will probably visit I guess I should cover the girls lol
Sent from my LG Ally using DS Forum

mrscompgeek 09-30-2011 07:10 PM

Thanks everyone!! Super helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilaryisinked (Post 13855648)
I'm packing:
My own pillow
Comfy clothes
Laptop and charger
Camera and batteries (if I can find it...my toddler hid it :cry:)
Birth plan copies
Toiletries
Mama cloth
Lots of underwear
Make up...I felt like such a slob after DD and hated how I looked in photos!

For baby
Scratch mittens
A few outfits in case I want to change them but DD stayed in the white shirts they give out and swaddled the whole time
Cloth diapers,wipes, wet bag, wipe solution
Woombie
Pacifiers because I don't like the soothies they give out
Blanket

Oh and a nursing bra or tank...I prefer bra less but since my FIL will probably visit I guess I should cover the girls lol
Sent from my LG Ally using DS Forum

I was told by my le leche leader NOT to give baby a paci until they were 2 weeks or so because that way they have a good breastfeeding latch down pat. She said the paci right away can mess with that??

angel0123 09-30-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrscompgeek
Thanks everyone!! Super helpful.

I was told by my le leche leader NOT to give baby a paci until they were 2 weeks or so because that way they have a good breastfeeding latch down pat. She said the paci right away can mess with that??

True. I was a lll leader for several yrs. (retired due to lack of time) Although nipple confusion doesnt happen to every baby. It can happen. When baby wants to suck its best to put it to tge breast.