Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   waiting for a snip (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1287618)

azsuma1 09-30-2011 11:52 AM

waiting for a snip

So G is 6 mo old now. Ive always known he was going to be an only child....since before he was even conceived! :giggle2:
But, im horrible at remembering my pill in this sleep deprived state. I set a daily alarm and STILL somehow miss it. :banghead: DH has an appt with the urologist next week for consultation, but who knows how long it will take the ins. co. to approve the vasectomy after that....
long story short, im afraid to let DH anywhere near me until the vasectomy is done! Like seriously, i just cant.
Anyone else have this problem?

jbug_4 09-30-2011 07:38 PM

Re: waiting for a snip

We've kind of gone the opposite way. Dh was suppose to get his vasectomy this fall, but I wasn't entirely sure I was done with kids. We discussed letting fate decide. i left bc up to dh and umm its seems to have disappeared. So looks like we're not going to worry about. Although I have found that certain days I defiantly want to say- put a rain coat on or STAY AWAY.

tasundance 09-30-2011 07:43 PM

Im no help on any topics of birth control but if its not too rude of me to ask...can I ask why you only wanted one child? :blush:

azsuma1 10-01-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tasundance (Post 13855585)
Im no help on any topics of birth control but if its not too rude of me to ask...can I ask why you only wanted one child? :blush:

not rude at all. :goodvibes:
but....lol...now im having trouble putting it into words that dont make it sound as if i am putting down families with sibling groups. So, ill just say this ahead of time--I make no judgments of parents who have/want to have more than 1, the number of kids you have has no bearing on how good of a mommy/daddy you are to your babies....ok, so here goes....

First, when we talked about our family, for some reason we both only pictured one child. Second, having only one allows for us to concentrate our resources for his benefit. emotionally and monetarily--private school tuition, for example. Third, i loved being an only child, DH hated being 1 of 6.

mookie 10-01-2011 10:19 PM

Just make sure after the procedure you wait for two consecutive negative sperm tests. I know of several people who didn't wait until that 2nd test was negative and, well, you guessed it! We have been super careful after hearing that and it has been almost a year since DH had the procedure and every other test has been positive for swimmers. The last one was negative so we are praying that it stays that way for the next test!

MichelleSG 10-01-2011 10:22 PM

I can see your points. I never wanted any really. Accidentally ended up with one (my bad) and it took me a good 8 years to want another. And I SERIOUSLY wanted the second. Of course we were 38 before we manage to get #2 but that's ok, we only wanted one more. DH is supposed to get snipped but we found out his insurance only covers 80%. Which translates to something like $200 out of pocket for us. With this new baby money is tight so we're having to save up and come up with something else in the mean time.
I'm allergic to latex so condoms are out (this is how we ended up with #1 dd). I have a bad homicidal reaction to bc pills (tried the whole spectrum) and I have so many fibroids my ob wants an anesthesiologist present if she inserts another IUD and as far as I'm concerned if she thinks it's going to hurt that much I'll pass thanks anyway. The fibroids are what I developed later in life and made it difficult to get pregnant so I'm not messing with my body any more. I had a friend that tried the Nuva ring and it gave her migraines. I had an aneurisym that burst and caused a stroke 4 years ago so I won't touch most hormonal things that run migraine risks. Needless to say my options are seriously limited until we can come up with they snipping money. I opted for a diaphragm which was insanely hard to get a hold of. The pharmacy techs are so young now they don't even know what they are which is rough because they are a special order item.The spermacide jelly can only be purchased on line (Amazon) so this is not like a quick thing. Fortunately I was still recovering from child birth while finding/ordering it so it wasnt like I was anxious to get back in the saddle. I have it all now but it's not a system the ob recommends because of the failure rate. I'm going to be honest with you though, I think the failure rate is due to patient compliance. The more of a pia the system is the worse people are about it. We've been married for 10 years though and have a newborn in the room. Spontaneity is so not happening. Reality, birth control in and of itself.