Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska & Hawaii (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   CDing on Oahu (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1288813)

mahea5877 10-02-2011 08:43 PM

CDing on Oahu

Hello everyone, I'm very new to this cloth diapering world and wanted to see how many people here cloth diaper their LOs. I love it but hate that their aren't much places here on oahu that sell things. I love baby awearness in manoa but wish they were closer to central oahu. How many people sew their own?

Cris1980 10-03-2011 12:27 AM

Re: CDing on Oahu

Hi,

I cloth diapered my first LO when we got here and that was for about a year and a half, then we started potty training. I found some good deals on here. For my next who is 8 months old I used the diapers from his brother and started to sew my own. Mostly trail and error but it is getting better. We are pregnant with our third child and I plan on CDing with him or her too.

mahea5877 10-03-2011 01:26 AM

Congratulations, that's awesome to hear. Wish I knew more about CDing when I was pregnant with my first. I totally would've tried it. Then I wouldn't be buying so much thing now. Lol

808mamaof3 10-03-2011 06:41 PM

I use cloth here too...but tend to buy my things online. I'm thinking for the next baby we're going to TTC, I'll probably sew my own extended tab prefolds. Other than that, I just knit my own longies/shorties. :)

mahea5877 10-05-2011 09:54 AM

Wow, I'm so glad you guys have commented to this. I don't feel like there is much people here that CD.

sirgradypants 10-13-2011 10:32 AM

Hey!! I'm here on Oahu as my husband is navy and I'm CDing!!

corinne76 11-02-2011 10:13 PM

Baby awearness is expensive! it's much cheaper to shop online at stores that have free shipping.
but to answer your question, I started CDing DD when she was 20 months. DS was a few weeks old after his circ and belly button healed. He had major sensativity issues so I ended up making his diapers.

txdds 11-09-2011 11:56 AM

Hi, we are new to CDing and live in Hawaii Kai, so we love Baby Awareness over on our side. But yes, it's expensive. I've used Kelly's Closet a few times with the free shipping. Are there any other companies with free shipping to Hawaii?

graces-mommie 11-21-2011 12:20 AM

We have been here for 6 months. It's been a very long time since I have bought diapers, so when I see them in the shops, I always have to touch them! There is a shop in Kailua that sells Grovia I think, and a shop in Windward Mall has newborn and OS fuzzi bunz.

Years ago I bought my covers at Nickis Diapers with free shipping, and also shopped sew crafty baby and moms milk boutique. I have just started researching again, so I am not certain if they honor free shipping to Hawaii.

I have seen stores that ship free over $49 or so, and have been trying to keep a list if items I want. Sadly I have not been able to find one store that has everything I want. :(

Dearest Diapers 11-21-2011 01:04 AM

I just wanted to chime in, because my husband used to be in the Army and I know how hard it was trying to get a hold of things I really wanted. We never got the opportunity to see Hawaii, we were in Germany for a few years! Also we do offer Free shipping on Orders over $25 even to Hawaii and always offer a 5% Discount for Military Families. Of course there are many more Discounts and Sales but just an fyi :)