Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Those who don't find out gender (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12943)

Psychomom 06-09-2006 08:04 AM

Those who don't find out gender

Do you ever get sick of buying gender neutral stuff? I can't stand it anymore! I mean, I'm excited for the surprise at birth, but if I look at anything else that is beige, yellow, or green, I think I'll go mad! I have broken down and bought some pink stuff, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on gender specific colors.

GrowingUpMad 06-09-2006 08:12 AM

Re: Those who don't find out gender

Withthe first I wasn't going to find out and was going all gender neutral, that was tough! Even the gn stuff seemed to favor one sex to another. I hate the color yellow and green is not my favorite either so I was struggling. Then I got into a car accident and at the hospital they told me my "daughter" was just fine. I was so upset but then I figured it was an accident and meant for me to go pink crazy (so I did). Less than 2 months later my daughter was born..... with a penis!!! Worse than going gender neutral is going pink for your son!!

yellowcampcat 06-09-2006 08:12 AM

I usually like yellow and green, so It wasn't a problem with waiting for my first one. Now that we're waiting on the second, I have bought some boy and girl stuff that I really like, and I guess I'll just put what this baby can't wear in storage for the next one! I am much more curious with this one that I was with #1, though! 12 more weeks to go!

Psychomom 06-09-2006 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madalexsmom
Less than 2 months later my daughter was born..... with a penis!!! Worse than going gender neutral is going pink for your son!!

:spit: I'm glad everything turned out alright, but this is hilarious!

Kelolsen-and-Padawan 06-09-2006 08:18 AM

I think I had too much gender neutral stuff - I ended up wanting boy stuff after he was born and I thought some of the g/n stuff was too girly. I also didn't know what I like as well. Now I know what styles of sleepers I like, pants, onesies, etc. I was a little sick of yellow and green LOL. I happen to like yellow and green though and even picked out the bedding in yellow and green just b/c I liked it.

sparkygirl74 06-09-2006 08:25 AM

If your family is anything like ours , they will be so excited to learn the sex they will start buying a ton of gender specific stuff after the birth. I barely got to use any of the stuff I had because everyone went crazy buying pink after Delaney was born!:laugh:

kkweight 06-09-2006 11:15 AM

What about orange stuff?

cblurose 06-09-2006 11:49 AM

I haven't found out for any of mine...due with #5 in Nov.

I only have about 10 gender neutral outfits and then now I have a girl wardrobe and a boys. I've had 3 girls and then a boy.

I think just having a few gender neutral things will get you by till you can go out and shop.

lindsayncadence 06-09-2006 01:37 PM

i think i would just buy a few newborn gender nuetral and save money so after baby is born i can do a blowout in certain colors maybe buy one boy and one girl outfit

babydirtybike 06-09-2006 02:29 PM

Don't forget red.