Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community -

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - (
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (
-   -   mamas whos husbands have had vasectomies (

okiemama 10-13-2011 03:12 PM

mamas whos husbands have had vasectomies
Ok possibly tmi but after hubby had the old snip snip did he have yo go in and deposit a sample yo make sure it worked? Or bring in a used condom? Dh is nervous enough about the procedure and hes like I'm not going back and masturbating in a room while they wait on Me to get done how emberassing! Which I could totally understand can u imagine if you had to do "that" before a papsmear how mortifying!

solobluedancer 10-13-2011 04:03 PM

Go with him. Nudge nudge wink wink

okiemama 10-13-2011 04:05 PM

Lol! Too funny!

okiemama 10-14-2011 04:44 PM

Has anyone else had experience in how this is usually done

tygr2410 10-14-2011 08:24 PM

Re: mamas whos husbands have had vasectomies
I'm not sure.

But I AM sure that if he doesn't go back you can't be sure it worked.

fish3737 10-14-2011 09:31 PM

They sent us home with cups (like medicine bottom/specimen bottles). After the appropriate time he had to go back in and give a sample. It needed to be fresh and within office hours - LOL

okiemama 10-16-2011 09:33 AM

Anyone else have Somthin to share?

Kiliki 10-17-2011 11:57 AM

DH's coworker had it done and DH asked him about this, he said his wife was not allowed to come "help" him with his... um .... "specimens" so I don't know if you could go back there or not.

Jasmini 10-17-2011 12:43 PM

We had the cup ready, xyxs'ed and dh used the dressed and took off to the lab :giggle: We giggled like teenies ;)

Just make sure you know the times to drop off the sample.

MDever 10-17-2011 12:53 PM

My DH had to give a sample during fertility treatments. You had to do it inthe office, they had a "special room" LOL I still laugh about it over 10 years later. DH is VERY shy and had major nerves about doing this. He came back out to the waiting room REALLY fast. So I'm all "Oh you couldn't do it...that's OK" and he grabbed my arm and said "I'mdoneletsgo" litterally all one word. He just about dragged me running out of the building. As far as I know you get 2 steile cups at your procedure and they teel you dates to deliver the sample directly to the lab.