Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Yuck!!!Feeling sick!! Any suggestions! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1298104)

groovymum 10-20-2011 10:57 AM

Yuck!!!Feeling sick!! Any suggestions!

Oh man I was never ever this sick my last 2 pregnancies. I feel puckey all day all night with no relief. I've tried ginger tea, yesterday I bought capsules, peppermint, next week I'm trying a group accupunture. Ughhh, any ideas or something that works for you. My MW has be scared it could be twins lol. My mom and gma are fraternal twins so my chances are supposidly 1 in 17. my oh my.

janelle525 10-20-2011 11:12 AM

Re: Yuck!!!Feeling sick!! Any suggestions!

With m/s it is a problem with the liver not be able to keep up, so a substance that helps the liver is freshly squeezed lemon juice, try sipping on that during the day. I gave that advice to a friend going through the same thing and she said it was life saver. Sorry you are feeling so sick :hugs:

flobee76 10-20-2011 11:16 AM

I am extremely nauseated from about noon till dinner time, weird. I am gaggy and feeling gross. I am not a puker.

Citrus helps me a LOT!!! I crave it in the 1st trimester.

lovermuffin 10-20-2011 12:35 PM

My BF used vaseline in her belly button and covered it with a bandaid. she has severe nausea with her pregnancies. and she says it TOTALLY works! once my m/s really kicks in. I am going to try it.

bluedaisyma 10-20-2011 12:45 PM

candied ginger, ginger ale, sour candies, lemonade, potato chips.....basically anything that sounded good at the time, I tried. Some people said b6 works great too....I wasn't really sick with my 1st 4, threw up for 24 wks with my last and am starting to feel ick this time....

groovymum 10-20-2011 02:06 PM

Thanks! I will def start with the lemon that actually sounds good :) I should have also said, I have not thrown up so by pukey I just mean feeling like it! I have never heard of the vaseline thing..but anything that might work is worth a try. I will let ya all know how it goes.

lemurkinsmommy 10-20-2011 02:51 PM

sour things, eating some dry crackers before getting out of bed in the morning. The thing that's been helping me the most is having a cup of juice with a straw and drinking it during the night, its helped keep it at bay.

canadianbakers 10-21-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janelle525 (Post 13974104)
With m/s it is a problem with the liver not be able to keep up, so a substance that helps the liver is freshly squeezed lemon juice, try sipping on that during the day. I gave that advice to a friend going through the same thing and she said it was life saver. Sorry you are feeling so sick :hugs:

Hmm... last pregnancy I drank iced water with a lemon slice all.the.time. Maybe that helped with m/s that time?
I tried it last week (not iced though cuz our freezer was on the fritz) and it just made me gag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovermuffin (Post 13974747)
My BF used vaseline in her belly button and covered it with a bandaid. she has severe nausea with her pregnancies. and she says it TOTALLY works! once my m/s really kicks in. I am going to try it.

Ummm... interesting? :giggle2: Let us know how that works out.

reneeumiami 10-22-2011 10:57 AM

I tried steel-cut oats in the crock pot last night, and it was a huge hit! I think this'll be our breakfast staple for the next couple months. I don't have m/s yet, but I was dreading having to feed DS & DD first thing in the morning while I feel sick myself. This way, there's a nice, hot, blandish breakfast ready when we come downstairs.

2 cups steel cut oats
5 cups water
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
Spray the crock with cooking oil, then put everything in on low for 8 hours. If you're up for it, you can add things like honey, maple sugar, apples, bananas, nuts, etc. in the morning.

graceworks 10-22-2011 11:55 AM

i am definitley trying the lemon thing!!! It sounds really good to me right now!

someone try the vaseline thing!