Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   TTA: What are the chances? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1298485)

mommato4kids 10-21-2011 06:06 AM

TTA: What are the chances?

My DH and I are TTA...but if something were to happen we would be happy about it but we're not really trying to have #6 just yet!

I haven't gotten my ppaf and ds is 13 months old. Yesterday morning I noticed a lot of ewcm and it was super stretchy and I've been having a lot of cramping. We dtd yesterday evening but dh pulled out...

Do you think that was enough to avoid? I mean, are the chances of getting pg while pulling out that great?

TofuScramble 10-21-2011 10:39 AM

Re: TTA: What are the chances?

Depends how well he pulled out ;) lol

There is always a chance. Always. Just wait a couple weeks and take a test- that's the best you can do.

mommmy 10-21-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommato4kids (Post 13978735)
My DH and I are TTA...but if something were to happen we would be happy about it but we're not really trying to have #6 just yet!

I haven't gotten my ppaf and ds is 13 months old. Yesterday morning I noticed a lot of ewcm and it was super stretchy and I've been having a lot of cramping. We dtd yesterday evening but dh pulled out...

Do you think that was enough to avoid? I mean, are the chances of getting pg while pulling out that great?

I've gotten pg twice when DH pulled out..or tried to pull out in time I guess :giggle: I don't think its the most effective way to TTA, so you may want to combine other methods ...all the best!

Scarlett's mommy 10-21-2011 06:25 PM

For me slim my hubby is the pull out king LOL it was our only form of BC for almost 5 years and no baby till we started trying

Sent from my SGH-T959 using DS Forum

Leaner 10-24-2011 07:20 AM

My hubby and I have used withdrawal as our main bc for 11 years. We've never gotten pregnant because of it.
But my dh has some serious control, so I am lucky. ;)

mommato4kids 10-24-2011 11:40 AM

It's good to hear that it does work!

I've been cramping ever since I o'd last Wed. I'm not sure what this means??? I'm hoping since I haven't had ppaf that my body is just really gettin' goin'! ha!

I'm thinking I'm due for AF Sunday so if she's not here by halloween I'll be POAS for sure.

joyful mother 10-28-2011 12:52 PM

It also depends on how much how "leaks" before cu*ming. The pre stuff can get you pregnant as well.

llamabeans 10-28-2011 03:05 PM

There's too many things to consider.
We used withdrawal for years (about 10) with no pregnancies. Then bam, got pregnant.
Some factors played in, on the weekend that we conceived, we DTD more than once that day (we were on vacation in Vegas) and the second time was a record breaking amount of time...you know where you want to just lay there and fall asleep because you've already had your fun.

So I'm thinking, just possibly DH had some residual swimmers from his last ejaculate earlier that day and that's what got me pregnant in his pre-ejaculate, does it even work this way?

MacyKM 10-28-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommato4kids

Before last month I would have said you were fine. But now I'm a member of the June ddc- wasn't even o'ing when we dtd!

TofuScramble 10-29-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommato4kids (Post 13996491)
It's good to hear that it does work!

I've been cramping ever since I o'd last Wed. I'm not sure what this means??? I'm hoping since I haven't had ppaf that my body is just really gettin' goin'! ha!

I'm thinking I'm due for AF Sunday so if she's not here by halloween I'll be POAS for sure.

I'm waiting impatiently for you to POAS! lol do it tomorrow :D