Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How many PP mama cloth and nursing pads? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1298823)

bigmamakelsey 10-21-2011 07:27 PM

How many PP mama cloth and nursing pads?

Title says it all;) What's a good number of postpartum mama cloth pads and cloth nursing pads to use full time?

I wasn't sure where to post this :blush: Feel free to move me!:thumbsup:

OurLabtink 10-22-2011 10:44 AM

Re: How many PP mama cloth and nursing pads?

I was a heavy leaker with DS. At the time I was using 10 sets of nursing pads, at times I was having to put a diaper in my bra. This time I have around 20 sets of nursing pads.

I just started using mama cloth so I have no clue about that side :(

Squig'sMumMum 10-22-2011 11:00 AM

Depends on your flow and how often you'll be doing laundry, but I am aiming for a dozen PP/ON pads, and then my regular stash to cover heavy, regular, light. I don't remember how many I have of each right now (haven't had to use them in a while after all :giggle2:), but I just rinsed them well and threw them in with regular laundry, so I was washing every other day at least!

ETA: Not sure on the nursing pads, I used disposables last time and I leaked like crazy for 5 months. I know I went through a couple boxes, but don't remember how many per day. I know for a while I had to change at every nursing and DD was nursing every 1-1 1/2 hours! :yikes:

bigmamakelsey 10-22-2011 07:46 PM

I feel like my flow was pretty heavy PP. I changed sposie pads a lot, mostly because it all sat on top :yuck: I'd like to wash every other day with my diapers. As for nursing pads, I ONLY leaked when my milk let down when I'd nurse. It wasn't a constant flow or anything and I only had to use nursing pads for the 2 months or so.

amb2j 10-22-2011 07:59 PM

I wasnt a very heavy leaker, so I did well with just 6 sets of nursing pads (I used 3 sets/day). I just started using mama cloth so didnt use any pp. I plan to use my existing mama cloth next time I get preg and maybe just use some preemie prefolds as mama cloth on the heavier first couple of days. My flow isnt all that heavy so I could probably get away with just a dozen mama cloth pp doing laundry daily (even though Id probably only use 6-8mc/day).

crystalanne79 10-25-2011 06:06 PM

I also suggest a dozen pp pads but some people can get by with 6 pp size and then 6 heavy flow for while those are washing.

MotherMoonPads 11-02-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystalanne79 (Post 14005483)
I also suggest a dozen pp pads but some people can get by with 6 pp size and then 6 heavy flow for while those are washing.

I agree :)