Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Bleeding and cramping - UPDATE (sad, touchy subject) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1300946)

JAG's baby mama 10-26-2011 08:29 AM

Bleeding and cramping - UPDATE (sad, touchy subject)

Last night, DH and I DTD and this morning I had moderate cramping and lots of bright red blood (it gushed and ran down my leg; it wasn't just spotting). Never have had bleeding or cramping in either of my first two PGs and never associated with sex.

I don't know what to think so I am looking for some good stories of early bright red bleeding (I am 6+3 weeks) but still a H&H 9 mos. Anyone? :nervous:

UPDATE: So the HCG I took 2 days ago was 72 (at 6+3weeks) and today's HCG was 12. So it was a miscarriage.

I appreciate all of the positive thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes.

Not sure what we'll do now, but at least we know the answer.

Thanks to you all.:goodvibes::hugs:

lecialefty 10-26-2011 08:32 AM

Re: Bleeding and cramping

:hugs: I didn't have any with dd. This time I had an experience like yours. It wasn't a lot of bleeding and only for one day though. Enough to freak me out but everything turned out fine for me.

mumtwiceover 10-26-2011 08:37 AM

My SIL had bright red bleeding and lots of it for all her preganancies and has 3 healthy girls to show it. It was always the same thing a hematoma on her uterus?? I think. twice it started after sex once spontanously.

I hope everything is alright!!!

marymoo 10-26-2011 11:06 AM

could just be a subchorionic hematoma

flobee76 10-26-2011 11:08 AM

maybe you should call your Dr? :hugs:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 10-26-2011 11:21 AM

I would call the dr and get in for an u/s just to check on the baby and find out if it is a sch.:hugs:

Only 10-26-2011 11:52 AM

I would call your doc if it doesn't stop. Praying for you! :hugs:

JAG's baby mama 10-26-2011 12:31 PM

I'm sorry. I should have added that I did go to the ER today (before I wrote this post).

The doctor said he wouldn't give me an u/s since I am only 6+3 weeks and there wouldn't be much to see (I think it was just the end of his shift and he was ready to go, looking back on it).

They did take a HCG (beta) but I never had one before (to compare it to) and they didn't want to guess at whether the value was good or bad for me. So he asked that I see my regular CNM for a follow-up test on Friday.

The bleeding has all but stopped and the cramping is now mild, but I won't really know what has happened until I get HCG results back on Friday (assuming my CNM doesn't do at least a doppler on that day).

So I posted this question as a way to take my mind off of the wait and to see if eventually everything worked out for others in a similar situation.

Sorry. I should have clarified that.

I appreciate the positive stories and the well-wishes and prayers. I'm trying to stay positive. :-)

mommymandy 10-26-2011 12:43 PM

I would bleed like that with my first son, always after we did the deed. I freaked out after the first time and my my Dr did a blood draw, then again 48 hours later to check if my numbers were going up. Maybe do that? They told me to take it easy with sex, but it is pretty common to have some bleeding after, since cervix is so sensitive. My son is now a healthy 3 year old BTW :-)
Hoping everything is great for u and your bean

graceworks 10-26-2011 12:43 PM

Hopefully it was just the BDing!!