Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Early appt and u/s (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1301612)

lovermuffin 10-27-2011 01:53 PM

Early appt and u/s

I went to my first OB appt. Well, it is not really an OB appt since I knew I was super early in pregnancy. Normally, my doctor does not see patients until at least week 10 but I wanted to get an u/s so I could see the baby before we tell our family on Sat. So I told the receptionist that I didn't know how far along I was and that I have a history of m/c, so she made me an appt. :)

I got in and Doc did a pap smear since I was due for one. Then he did my OB visit. He says, I am super early in pregnancy, obviously. From my LMP, my EDD is 6/17 but from O it is 6/23. I don't really care which date I go from. I am tempted to go with the earlier date, then if I go past my EDD, I wont be bumped. Ya know?!

Anyways, I was not expecting an u/s because Doc has to order it and then I have to set up an appt with the U/S tech. But he got this new portable transvaginal u/s machine. So he used it! I GOT TO SEE MY LITTLE BEAN!

It was a small image and hard to see but you could totally see my "blob of a baby." :) I am so happy right now. I didn't get a picture to show you guys or DH nor did we get to see the HB(still a bit early and his machine wasn't the best) but according to Doc, everything looks great. :D

Now I have a little piece of mind when telling family this weekend.

wordmama 10-27-2011 02:35 PM

Hooray! Awesome news all around!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

lovermuffin 10-27-2011 02:37 PM

Re: Early appt and u/s

Going back to my Doc office, I am having second thoughts on my HB. I really like my doctor and I am a little upset with my MW for not getting back to me. I am gonna go message her again. :(

bigmamakelsey 10-27-2011 03:12 PM

:yay: great news!

mother of 4, soon 5 10-27-2011 05:59 PM

yay Nikki!!!!

I went into today too and had a transvaginal U/S we could actually see the little heart fluttering and the words the doc said- no thats what I like to see, I think you will be fine from here dear! (talking about my previous m/c) the kids were all there too, they thought the entire black area was the baby but it was actually the white lil sprout coming from it but I wasnt going to correct them lol! Im so happy! they didnt get that great of a due date- its ranging 18-21. Oh well! ITS A BABY!!!

love2bmommy 10-27-2011 06:57 PM

So happy for you and the rest of those with great ultrasound reports today!! Hoping I'll have a good report at my next u/s too!

mommymandy 10-27-2011 07:01 PM

So glad u got to see your little bean!

gaakoh 10-27-2011 08:43 PM

So exciting!

caseyheather123 10-27-2011 10:53 PM

Great! Congrats!

KatrinaLoves 10-28-2011 07:11 AM

Yay, how exciting! :-D