Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   ohhh the burn!!! (heart burn that is) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1302136)

mrscompgeek 10-28-2011 02:51 PM

ohhh the burn!!! (heart burn that is)

OK mamas, I need some help! Im going to ask my OB dr at my next appointment this coming week but just wondered what your opinions are on this. I have had TERRIBLE heartburn this pregnancy. With DD it was very little and usually Papaya tablets would knock it, tums always knocked it. This time papaya doesnt touch it, tums does occasionally but I have resorted to Pepcid right now and even that sometimes doesnt stop it. Is there something else over the counter that would work better then Pepcid or do I need to see about getting a prescription now? I really am not a fan of taking a ton of pills and I dont like to get prescriptions unless absolutely necessary but at this point if nothing else over the counter is promising I am willing to try prescription!

The weirdest stuff gives me heartburn now too, I can eat pizza til the cows come home but peanut butter, bananas, Orange Juice, Gatorade, Chocolate, Coffee. . . all give me heartburn like you would not believe. I ate a sausage mcmuffin and got a latte at mcdonalds this morning (shame I know) and wouldnt you know the sausage didnt bother me at all but I was feeling the coffee in my throat all morning. Go figure!

hilaryisinked 10-28-2011 03:17 PM

Re: ohhh the burn!!! (heart burn that is)

:popcorn:
I didn't have it hardly with DD either. This time I wake up in tears and dream that people are pouring bleach down my throat. :yuck: I'm also getting it from the weirdest things, like Wheat Thins just now!

minneapolismelissa 10-28-2011 03:57 PM

The only thing that worked for me was Zantac twice a day! Pepcid did OK, but Zantac took care of it. Hope you find something that works.

2peanuts1pumpkin 10-28-2011 04:48 PM

I'm taking zantac twice a day, which is helping. I still need tums fairly often, but I'm no longer waking up choking on bile, so that's something.

Jatango 10-28-2011 05:01 PM

I have to take nexium or I'm a giant walking acid machine. I sleep propped up, the whole 9 yards. Nexium saved me from a potentially miserable pregnancy. It started at 6 weeks...ugh.

angel0123 10-28-2011 05:41 PM

I am on zantac150 every 12 hrs & drinking a litre of gaviscon a wk!

High sugar, high fat & acidic foods do me in... But do does everything else.

Tums is a joke. Get some malox or gaviscon and keep it in the fridge for soothing relief.

TwinKristi 10-28-2011 05:45 PM

I take Zantac as needed and Tums if that just isn't helping quickly. I took Zantac before my coffee today and it didn't give me heartburn! Yay!! I haven't made coffee in probably 2 wks because of it. I can drink a mocha or something with mainly milk but not just coffee with cream like I usually do. Mexican food definitely does it for me. Pico de gallo is horrible! LOL I had choked on acid twice this pregnant. Yuck!! :yuck:

vittoriosmom 10-28-2011 09:52 PM

I take prilosec otc.This is what my doctor recommends for pregnancy heartburn. I have been reluctant to take it until even drinking water started to give me heartburn.

jwpsgurl 10-28-2011 09:53 PM

Not in you DDC, but if you want something natural, papaya enzyme always worked wonders for me! Hope you get some relief!

SewInLuvWithEwe 10-29-2011 06:06 AM

OT but they say that when you have a lot of heartburn baby has a lot of hair. Not sure if its true but I had killer heartburn for 9
months and had 3 babies with so much hair I couldve probably braided it at birth lol