Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   pregnancy in trouble?UPDATED*** (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130388)

Monkeytaylz 04-14-2007 09:15 AM

pregnancy in trouble?UPDATED***

Well, after a miscarriage in January, I am pregnant again. I have reached the 7wk 5 day point. So far, so good....until last night. After being intimate w/dh, I found myself spotting, not alot, but still.....
So now I am concerned I may be starting to miscarry again.:sadno:

Sad update....Unfortunately I did end up miscarrying this morning. I know I am blessed with the children I have..this would have been my "bonus baby". We will not be trying again as with having 2 miscarriages in a row is not a good sign. I thank all of you for the moral support! It has helped more than I can say!

jackie010307 04-14-2007 09:24 AM

Re: pregnancy in trouble?

This is my 3rd and I've done that with all 3, but more this time than the others. It had something to do with more bloodflow to the cervix in the beginning. It stopped after a while, but I think I was about 10 or 12 weeks when it stopped. For reassurance I would call the doc/midwife and see what they say, but as long as it's just spotting, no cramps or anything, then I wouldn't worry a lot about it (easier said than done, I know).

rowynne 04-14-2007 09:31 AM

Bleeding after sex is REALLY common, especially early in pregnancy. It is usually coming from a sensitive spot on your cervix (especially if you've had a recent m/c or your cervix has been dilated several times from birth or surgeries). I had bleeding (with NO sex) during my last pg & this one well after 20wks.

NaturalMama 04-14-2007 09:51 AM

I agree with PP. I had a m/c last July and then got pregnant again a couple months later. I started bleeding but all was fine. My m/w said that there are many reasons why you can bleed/spot in pregnancy and m/c is only one of them. Most of the rest are harmless. I know its scary though, so I'd call your provider first thing Mon. :hugs:

massbb2 04-14-2007 10:10 AM

I spotted with all 3 of my pregnancies. The first ended in a mc, but the last 2 resulted in 2 very healthy boys. My last pregnancy I bled pretty heavy at times from about 7 weeks all the way to 11 weeks. If the blood red or brown? Brown is very normal and most likely implantation spotting. My obgyn said about 25% of pregnancies have early bleeding. In any event, see if you can have an u/s to see for sure. It's reassuring at the very least.

Good luck to you. Praying for a healthy pregnancy for you. :goodvibes:

mrsjune 04-14-2007 12:17 PM

When I was pregnant with both my daughters, I spotted on and off from the time I found out I was pregnant until I was about 16wks. And after sex I always spotted! :hugs: Im sure this little bean is healthy in there!

rowynne 04-14-2007 04:22 PM

Its funny, the only time I DONT spot is after sex, LOL. (and all of mine has been pink or red not brown)

Monkeytaylz 04-14-2007 08:44 PM

Thank you everyone for the support. I have still been spotting sporadically all day, tint ranging from pink to brown, but not anything heavy. My first OB visit is supposed to be Thursday, but will call doc on Monday. Both the miscarriages I had before started this way, but progressed fairly quickly,so I am still hoping that it is nothing and that baby is ok.
But I know worse case and I do loose the baby, I really have been blessed with my other children. I even had the thought of maybe I am getting greedy as I already have 4 great kids...but still...this little person forming inside of me is already loved, so the possibility of losing him/her is very sad...

sherbear178 04-14-2007 09:17 PM

:hugs: I am sure it is scary after just losing a baby. I had spotting with my first pregnancy when we had sex for the fitst 16 weeks or so. My doctor said its normal and just to be careful. I hope that its just a sensitive cervix and nothing more.

FancifulFanny 04-14-2007 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeytaylz (Post 960428)
Thank you everyone for the support. I have still been spotting sporadically all day, tint ranging from pink to brown, but not anything heavy. My first OB visit is supposed to be Thursday, but will call doc on Monday. Both the miscarriages I had before started this way, but progressed fairly quickly,so I am still hoping that it is nothing and that baby is ok.
But I know worse case and I do loose the baby, I really have been blessed with my other children. I even had the thought of maybe I am getting greedy as I already have 4 great kids...but still...this little person forming inside of me is already loved, so the possibility of losing him/her is very sad...

Oh...never greedy. :hugs: I undersatand the feeling but no, that's not greed.

It sounds like the cervix just got irritated from the intercourse. Very common. Try to relax and breathe.