Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Return of AF-what should I be expecting..did I start? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1307365)

2wonderfulboys 11-08-2011 12:31 PM

Return of AF-what should I be expecting..did I start?

OKay sorry but I am really curious! About 2 weeks ago on a Monday I "started" my period or so I thought. It was the old brown blood. It was not too heavy and I did not need to use a pad or tampon then I was spotting on and off but no red blood. So at the start of this week I had some red blood and I thought oh here she is :/ but it lasted only a few days it was not necessary to use a pad even-I did but it was not saturated at all just enough spotting to be annoying. What is the first period like after EBF is this normal or should I be concerned? I am still spotting but very little and its brown and really only when I wipe. Thank you ladies I am just so confused.

majomama 11-08-2011 12:36 PM

Mine started off that way and it is so heavy now. My dd2 is 18 mths and af returned about 14 mths. I was on the mini pill and would get 2 very heavy periods( soak through a super+ tampon and half soak an overnight pad within an hour or two) within a one mth pack. I'm not sure if the pill had anything to do with it so I'm off it now.
This was not my experience with dd1. When af returned with her it went back to how it was pre kids:)

2wonderfulboys 11-08-2011 12:40 PM

Re: Return of AF-what should I be expecting..did I start?

My DS is only 6 months old I was hoping AF would stay away longer but I guess not! I hope it does not return heavy :/

2wonderfulboys 11-08-2011 01:39 PM

BUMP :)

cbabysmom 11-08-2011 05:13 PM

Exact same thing happened to me at 5 months and I have not had anymore spotting or anything since then...now @ 7 months. I was surprised when I thought it was coming back, but guess it didn't really!

2wonderfulboys 11-09-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbabysmom (Post 14089353)
Exact same thing happened to me at 5 months and I have not had anymore spotting or anything since then...now @ 7 months. I was surprised when I thought it was coming back, but guess it didn't really!

IDK what it is but its just annoying! I have no cramping really its just small spotting, so strange

cbabysmom 11-09-2011 05:46 PM

I actually have my annual exam on Friday; I can let you know what the dr. says about it.

2wonderfulboys 11-10-2011 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbabysmom (Post 14096361)
I actually have my annual exam on Friday; I can let you know what the dr. says about it.

Thanks I would call the Dr and ask but I hate calling when nothing is really wrong :/ I am just curious!

miraclebaby 11-10-2011 03:02 PM

I spotted on and off like this until 8.5 months. My son was EBF till 7 months and he started eating solids, but is currently nursing every 2 hrs 24hrs a day (even at night *sigh*) Periods generally are irregular after they do come back, so you might get one, then not another for awhile.

cbabysmom 11-11-2011 09:03 AM

Yup, my dr. said today that it's totally normal.