Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   wwyd? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130786)

jrk 04-15-2007 02:05 AM

wwyd?

I have a fitted that fits awsome, and works great for us. However...it takes longer than 1 dryer cycle to dry. Would you sell it or keep it? I want more, but the drying thing kinda bugs me.:headscratch:

moonphishers 04-15-2007 02:06 AM

Re: wwyd?

Off the top of my head I said 'sell' - but can you keep it in the dryer with the following loads until it dries? Thats an option... ;) :D

mistylaureena 04-15-2007 02:20 AM

I have dipes like this too and I jeep them around because I loke how they fit and how much they hold...but they take forever to dry!! But when I know they are in my wash cycle I do towels afterwards and throw those thicker dipes in a second cycle with towels then I dont feel like its taking forever to dry it just comes out with the towels:thumbsup: ANd I dont use fabric softner on towels so that way I know they wont get FS on them liek if I was doing other laundry

beenwaitingalongtime 04-15-2007 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonphishers (Post 960812)
Off the top of my head I said 'sell' - but can you keep it in the dryer with the following loads until it dries? Thats an option... ;) :D

That's what I do w/ the 3 fitteds that I have w/ internal soakers.

ceilismom 04-15-2007 07:07 AM

If you like everything else about it, I'd maybe just drape it over the back of a chair and let it finish air drying. I have several fitteds and AIOs that take longer than 1 cycle to get dry, so it's not a big deal to me. I can see how just one dipe out of the whole stash would be aggravating, though.

cotton_jmb 04-15-2007 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceilismom (Post 960951)
If you like everything else about it, I'd maybe just drape it over the back of a chair and let it finish air drying. I have several fitteds and AIOs that take longer than 1 cycle to get dry, so it's not a big deal to me. I can see how just one dipe out of the whole stash would be aggravating, though.

:yeahthat:

southernmom2three 04-15-2007 08:23 AM

At least half of my stash take more then one dryer cycle.

amyruth 04-15-2007 09:02 AM

I'd keep it and hang it to dry the rest of the way. I use our pellet stove but in the summer I will probably put them out on the picnic table...

This-End-Up.com 04-15-2007 09:04 AM

I have a place to "line" dry in my laundry room...just a few feet long. I run my diapers thru...then take out fast drying ones (pockets etc). The run the longer drying ones again. Then after that 2nd time any that I am not totally happy with hang on the line. Usually I leave them there till I was my next diaper load. and take them down then.
~denise