Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Grovia Newborn AIOs SUCK! (with pic) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1308523)

Spunkify 11-10-2011 01:13 PM

Grovia Newborn AIOs SUCK! (with pic)

1 Attachment(s)
I hate you GroVia Newborn AIO!

Since the night he was born we've had leaking out of these diapers. No, not a prepping issue since I prepped them through the entire pregnancy BUT gaps around the legs. I mean LOOK AT THIS, ridiculous! And this was AFTER following the troubleshooting email on how to properly cloth diaper him (as if I didn't know how to do that already) and proper placement of diaper, etc. These gaps have happened every time we've put one of these diapers on him, since birth...so he's gained three weeks worth of weight and length and they still don't fit. We've had more pee and poop leaks with these diapers than we ever did with Kadie.

We just CAN'T use these anymore, they were a big waste of money for us. Three weeks of battling gaps and leaking is long enough.
:banghead:

Kmccall08 11-10-2011 01:21 PM

Re: Grovia Newborn AIOs SUCK! (with pic)

:banghead:oh no please dont tell me this i bought my friend 8 of these for her baby shower she is new to cloth and i am trying to get her to do it part time! if they are this bad she will hate cloth! i started cloth diapering my son at 4 months so i dont have much experience with nb dipes.

Beesgirl 11-10-2011 01:23 PM

I had no luck with them either, thankfully I only bought 4. I've seen many posts with raves though, what works for one baby doesn't for another.

Kmccall08 11-10-2011 01:24 PM

i really really hope they work for my friend the mama i bought them from on fsot loved them

alaskamum 11-10-2011 01:27 PM

Bummer!

seacat 11-10-2011 01:30 PM

:( I had 12 and just sold six because of the reviews. I'm trusting my BG XS for the newbie.

clover 11-10-2011 01:32 PM

So sorry mama, it looks like they are just not a good match for your little one. :( Issues like yours is why I usually tell expectant parents to only buy a couple of each type of diaper/cover they are interested in to try before investing in a larger amount... because no matter what the cloth diaper companies want everyone to believe, the same diaper will not work for all babies.

I hope you can re-sell them and find something that works better soon!

hilaryisinked 11-10-2011 01:33 PM

Bummer. Thankfully I only have 2.

fish3737 11-10-2011 01:36 PM

Yeah - Diapers are like jeans - what looks great on one person looks horrible on another . . . unless you find the Magic Traveling Pants. LOL

That said those wouldn't have worked with any of my babies - they had such little chicken legs. :giggle2:

OP - Don't let this stop doing cloth - try some other things. Is there something that is working for you?

MyPerfectLife 11-10-2011 01:37 PM

IDK anything about newbie dipes, but I just have to say ... that is one cute baby leg :giggle: I love me some baby thighs :).