Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pancake mix-ins... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130903)

3Xblessed 04-15-2007 11:10 AM

Pancake mix-ins...

What do you add to your pancakes??

My kids hated the fresh blueberries....loved it when I added applesauce and when I added strawberry jelly. What else can I mix in? We make pancakes every morning...just trying to mix it up a little.

lippeaveboys 04-15-2007 11:14 AM

Re: Pancake mix-ins...

what about crushed pecans, choco chips.... bananas...

Guardandolaluna 04-15-2007 11:36 AM

Super thin sliced apples or pears sprinkled with a little cinnamon:)

Small diced bananas AND mini chocolate chips:)

jkelstaten 04-15-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Xblessed (Post 961550)
loved it when I added applesauce and when I added strawberry jelly. What else can I mix in? We make pancakes every morning...just trying to mix it up a little.

I've used applesauce before, do you use strawberry jelly the same way? How much do you use? I think my girls would love that and I have a bunch of jelly to use up.

Other than that I've just done buttermilk and mashed up bananas

ShannaMarie 04-15-2007 11:52 AM

Frozen berries! They seem to be just right for putting in pancakes, they don't get all mushy and yucky, but cook through and are super tasty.

3Xblessed 04-15-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkelstaten (Post 961622)
I've used applesauce before, do you use strawberry jelly the same way? How much do you use? I think my girls would love that and I have a bunch of jelly to use up.

Other than that I've just done buttermilk and mashed up bananas

Basically the same was as the applesauce but I just used a little bit less if that makes sense. They didn't come out as fluffy but the kids raved over them....

Mashed up banana is a great idea...now I wish I hadn't just thrown away the one that was completely brown.

ChoiceSoaps 04-15-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lippeaveboys (Post 961557)
what about crushed pecans, choco chips.... bananas...

These are our favorite! :mrgreen:

jls~Kain~Drake 04-16-2007 04:11 PM

How do you add applesauce? Okay...well, I know HOW you'd add it..but what are the measurements?? Keeping in mind that I'm a terrible cook!

mom2hancj 04-16-2007 04:26 PM

My kiddos love when I add cinnamon with a tiny bit of sugar and vanilla. My dd doesn't use syrup and loves them!!

jeanieande 04-16-2007 06:28 PM

brown sugar and cinnamon or banana and cinnamon or small chunks of apples ( i like to add the chunky applesauce!) or...um...well.... I imagine any type of nut or combination of the above would be pretty good too!