Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   arrival of myka erina <3 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1311719)

naura 11-16-2011 05:57 PM

arrival of myka erina <3

cross posted ~ now with smileys!

11/11/11... I don't know what was going on but my son refused to sleep which irritated me A LOT. :banghead: (it usually doesn't). I think my body knew it was the day (even though I wasn't contracting that hard) and wanted him asleep asap. maybe jake knew that it was the day and wanted to stay up. Jake finally went to sleep at just past 1200, which is 2 hours later than the MAX he is usually up. the dog growled at me to get my attention all night. it wasn't a menacing growl, just kind of like - heyyy heyyyyy you know what's gonna happen tonight? I can smell it. I didn't believe her of course.

while I was nursing jake to sleep. I shifted my hips, felt an odd pop and I started to contract uncomfortably. I thought my water had broken (as I'll find out later, it was not).

11/12/11... I called my midwife and doula at 1230 am. they arrived within 15 minutes. My midwife checked my labor line and saw that I was 2 cm. at that time I was 3 min apart and I knew it was gonna be a long night - not to mention I was having some back labor too. :yuck:

So my doula worked on me to turn Myka. we did the rebozo technique which felt really good on my back, I also walked up and down the stairs for a while. I don't recall how long. eventually my back labor stopped, but so did the 'normal' feeling contractions. something was up and the surges changed. they were VERY strong. I went back down stairs to move with the surges. It was amazing. my body was just moving moving moving with the contractions. It wouldn't stay still. whether it was swaying, walking, standing, I just did what my body told me to do. then all of a sudden they changed again. 3 strong strong strong contractions on top of another came over me. I stood up, roared, and wondered how I was going to survive this... but then I also had this inkling that is this transition? it can't be. we just got started!

the tub was finally filled by then. Midwife checked my labor line and told me I still had a quite a ways to go - nothing I didn't know. I went in to the tub and it felt so good. I think I had a few contractions and it didn't feel as intense so I was ready for the long haul.... my midwife decided to take a bathroom break while I labored some in the pool.

then about 10 minutes went by and I had this urge to...

poop?

OH NOES. SERIOUSLY??? :eek:

I just got in! how can this be? I panicked and tensed up but it didn't stop. My doula calm as ever looked in as I screamed "oh my god I need to poop. This isn't how its supposed to be". I stood up literally thinking that I had to jump out and poop in a bag or even the floor... just not in the tub not in the tub is all i was thinking. then she said "stop stop stop, i think you're having the baby!"

?! ?!?!?!?!!!!!!!

the midwife heard my screams and grunts and she rushed back downstairs. I couldn't stop moving moving again, this time as Myka decended the birth canal. I relaxed as soon as I realized that I wasn't pooping in the tub destined to labor out of it. the midwife then announced "she's born in the caul!" :whoa:

I couldn't believe it! I thought my water had broken, but they weren't. I've seen pictures about babies born with intact waters but I never thought I'd give birth to one. :)

a few pushes and she was here!

so the entire ordeal was... an hour and a half!

she was born at home, at 2:09 am. so I'm guessing it WAS transition, after all. :P

weight: 7lbs 2oz
length: 20 inches
to proud dada paul, mama mollie, and big brother jake.

naura 11-16-2011 06:01 PM

Re: arrival of myka erina <3

the midwife said that she would have most likely be born in the hospital lobby or the car if I hadn't given birth at home :P

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...74206817_n.jpg
4 days old.

songbird516 11-16-2011 06:30 PM

That's an awesome story :) Just goes to show that you never know what will happen, and dilation can't tell the future!

2208 11-16-2011 06:34 PM

DDC, but congratulations! I :wub: her cheeks.

kierstenw 11-16-2011 07:42 PM

Wow, what an awesome birth story! Congratulations! :)

AcrossTheUniverse 11-16-2011 08:27 PM

Congratulations!!! I had the same sensation in the pool when it was time to push. It was weird for me too, lol!

Leanbh 11-17-2011 09:19 PM

Big congrats! She's adorable.

I dilate crazy fast too as does a friend, so you never know!!

phobiafied 11-19-2011 12:24 PM

She's beautiful congrats!

jeebee 11-20-2011 12:55 AM

My baby would also almost certainly have been born in the car as well! Even when my midwife got there contractions were 4 mins apart still and not too bad, and she was born 25 mins later!

Oh and P.S. I did poo in the tub as her head came out :hide: How embarrassing! Not that I cared at that point, it was all happening way too fast!

AcrossTheUniverse 11-20-2011 12:57 AM

Jen- I did, too! First time ever out of all 5 births!