Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   anyone have an eddie bauer 3-in-1 car seat? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13130)

titania 06-09-2006 05:21 PM

anyone have an eddie bauer 3-in-1 car seat?

we just bought 2 of them, and then came home and researched them, and the reviews aren't good. i know, kind of backwards, but we went with the intention of buying britax seats, but they were more $$ than we expected. we have to buy 2 seats so that really adds up fast! anyway, the reviews said they are basically a pain to use and install, plus something about the latch attachments not being good (can't remember exactly what). anyway, dh said 'ask your friends' meaning you all. so what do you think? tell me your experiences. thanks ladies!

4kidzmom 06-09-2006 05:49 PM

Re: anyone have an eddie bauer 3-in-1 car seat?

I have the 3-in-1 and I was just thinking today how much I really do LOVE it! Yes, the straps do get twisted, but to be honest, I have never had one not get twisted. And I have never had a problem with the buckles (if that is what you are talking about with the latches). My 2 1/2 year old can't do them, but I am kind of glad about that. I plan on handing this one down to #4 if we don't buy him a brand new one.

Luv2bemommy 06-09-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4kidzmom
I have the 3-in-1 and I was just thinking today how much I really do LOVE it! Yes, the straps do get twisted, but to be honest, I have never had one not get twisted. And I have never had a problem with the buckles (if that is what you are talking about with the latches). My 2 1/2 year old can't do them, but I am kind of glad about that. I plan on handing this one down to #4 if we don't buy him a brand new one.

Yeah that!! I love ours, we can't afford an britax thats why my kids dont have one.. LOL

Dsunny1 06-10-2006 08:12 PM

The main complaint we have a technicians is that the seats like the eddie bauer and the alpha omega claim to be the only seat you will ever need, yet the harness heights are so short that most kids outgrow them by the time they are 2-3 years old and in no way mature enough to use it as a booster. In booster mode it doesn't work well. The way the seat is designed, it hold the seat belt too far off of a child's body, and not snug against them as it should. Most people that are aware they shouldn't put a 2-3 yo in a booster yet, have to go out and buy another seat that harnesses them to a higher height (usually $80-100) more and when added to the original price of the 3 in1 seat, it would have been cheaper to buy a britax to start with. That is the complaint. My 2.5 yo daughter outgrew her alpha omega at 27lbs. I had to buy her another seat to get her to 40lbs, when it was safer for her to be in a booster and she was old enough to sit in one by then. I wish I had just gotten her a britax to start with. My son has had a marathon since he outgrew his infant seat and I can't see him outgrowing it until he is able to use a booster properly. Keep in mind the top slot on the shell is for booster mode only, it can not be used when the harness is being used. So, the seat looks like it has more growing room then it really does because in forward facing seats the shoulders can not exceed the top slot allowed for the harness.

titania 06-11-2006 05:16 PM

thanks for the input ladies. we have decided to take them back, as they are still in the box. there are just too many negative reviews for us. not sure what we will get, probably just go for broke and get the britax that harnesses to 65 lbs. actually, the in-laws are paying for them, so what the hey, right?! :mrgreen:

Mount*n*sunshine 06-11-2006 07:46 PM

Go for the Britax. You will save $$ in the long run cause they will outgrow that EB seat and then you need another to get you to the booster like pp said. good luck
Sarah