Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Is this early labor or false labor??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131371)

Isabellasmom 04-16-2007 10:11 AM

Is this early labor or false labor???

So I was due on Friday, all last night I was having contractions that were about say 10 minutes apart and probably like 30 secs(not sure I was trying to sleep). Anyways today they are continuing and are very painful, but very irregular. With my first I had a planned c-section, so I don't really know what to be looking for. I am just wondering if this seems like something that will be leading to labor soon or something that could still be very far off?? I can say that they are most def getting stronger, just not regular and not very much longer. So if this just false labor or the early stages of labor? Any insight would be helpful.

Prettylocks 04-16-2007 10:16 AM

Re: Is this early labor or false labor???

Sounds like early labor to me. :goodvibes:

snookler 04-16-2007 10:18 AM

I had contractions periodically for several days prior to the actual heavy labor and delivery.
At your stage of pregnancy, it sounds like your body is definately preparing itself for labor, but this is not always a fast process. I know you're excited, and probably want to see this beautiful baby right away, but I'd just relax and keep track of what's happening through the day.
Have you had any other signs of immenent birth such a losing your mucous plug, sudden fits of nesting, etc?

Gwen 04-16-2007 10:33 AM

Hate to be a party pooper - but - have you recently had a vaginal exam or had sex (you don't have to answer :goodvibes: )

With a second DC you cervix can be more "irritable" and those sort of things can cause contractions for a few days - and then everything stops..

It has happened to me 3 times in these pregnancy and I lose a TON of mucous plug each time..

No real way to know when the DC will come...

I always say - plan on the latest possible date - that way you won't be disappointed if baby does come till then..

Gwen

Adamsmama 04-16-2007 10:41 AM

Are you dilated at all? I know with my 2nd ds I had contractions for almost 2 days (strong but irregular mostly) and then went into labor. I was 3cm dialated the day after the contractions got stronger and then that night we had sex to try to help labor along and they quickly became regular. DS was born 9 hours later. (I was 41 weeks).

HeidiMarie 04-16-2007 12:15 PM

Sara~how exciting! I would say that if the intensity of the contractions is not changing with position changes or activity that it is probably early labor. With my last two, my contractions continued to be irregular and around 30-40 seconds long until I was around 6-7 cm. I just had to go more on the intensity of them. Good luck! Can't wait too hear! : )

cwieberdink 04-16-2007 12:20 PM

This is an extremely common pattern for a VBAC. I just had my second VBAC 4 weeks ago. That labor and the one before it, were very long periods of time with the far apart, short, very painful ctx., and then when I hit 6 cm, it kicked in and went fast.

Isabellasmom 04-16-2007 02:34 PM

So I guess I might be on the way, but the road could stil be a long one....

Well let's see I have had no sex in the last few days :( no mucus plug loss, no vaginal exams and the pain radiates through my back, abdomen and down my left leg. Nesting is a hard one for me cause I feel as though I am always running around like a crazy person doing things. Last week I was 1cm and 75%effaced.

I go to the Dr. tomorrow so I guess at that point she will be able to tell me if I am going anywhere. The contractions most def. do not not get better if I move, I just have to breath through them.

I am just waiting patiently, but wish it was painlessly :) The only relief I get is lying in the bath. I sent DH to work and said to make sure to check his phone. Luckily I live about a mile and half away from the hospital so I don't plan on going until as last minute as possible. Me and DD will probably just watch movies and take a bath tonight.

I will update if I am still here!!

Isabellasmom 04-16-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeidiMarie (Post 965423)
Sara~how exciting! I would say that if the intensity of the contractions is not changing with position changes or activity that it is probably early labor. With my last two, my contractions continued to be irregular and around 30-40 seconds long until I was around 6-7 cm. I just had to go more on the intensity of them. Good luck! Can't wait too hear! : )

So with that being said how did you know when it was time?? My Dr. said to call when they are about 5 mins apart and about 60 secs long. I guess I can just ask her tomorrow, but just curious what you did?

luv2recycle 04-16-2007 02:44 PM

WOW!! That sure sounds like labor to me!! I am soooo excited for you!!

I'd wait till they are 3-4 min apart since you are so close and NO ONE like to be stuck up in a hospital bed while in labor...

with my 2nd I walked and walked....I was also real close to the hosp.....and by the time I got there I was 7 cm and she was born with in 1 hr of getting there.

try to nap if you can...and take a few baths if it helps.. also get any last min things ready...like a stand by sitter for your first kiddo...and if anything this will be a good practice drill for you.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!:hugs: :hugs: