Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Is there a support group for c-sections on here? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1314044)

Lilmeow 11-21-2011 03:27 PM

Is there a support group for c-sections on here?

Hey mamas! I am due march 24th with my 4th little one. I had 2 perfectly normal vaginal births and ONE emergency c-section with my last baby.. due to intervention and prolapsed cord... I was fighting and fighting for a vbac at my vbac banned hospital but ive since come to terms with another section.. Im totally okay with this so dont push me in the direction of vbac but im more wondering if there is a forum on here for repeat c-section moms... I looked but couldnt find anything! Id like to talk to other moms who BOTH have had prior sections and those who are expecting and expecting to have one this time around!! Thanks in advance!!!

Jessica - mama to 3 and one on the way!

mariamommy 11-21-2011 04:19 PM

Re: Is there a support group for c-sections on here?

I'm so sorry your hospital is against VBACs, that is incredibly frustrating.

there isn't a cesarean support forum on DS, but there are message boards on ICAN (international cesarean awareness network)...check `em out! LOTS of c-section moms from all different birth stories/reasons on there.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 11-21-2011 04:27 PM

There isn't one created here on DS yet, but your welcome to start by posting about your experience.
Some mama's don't talk about their cs much due to some mama's who will make them feel it was unnecessary and make them feel bad through posts.
I myself have had one vaginal birth and two c/s, this baby will be a repeat c/s.

*Peanut* 11-21-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox (Post 14168372)
There isn't one created here on DS yet, but your welcome to start by posting about your experience.
Some mama's don't talk about their cs much due to some mama's who will make them feel it was unnecessary and make them feel bad through posts.
I myself have had one vaginal birth and two c/s, this baby will be a repeat c/s.

:exactly: You should start a thread about it yourself. Don't let people make you feel bad about your C/S. No one knows your situation or what is right for you, except for you. Giving birth is tough no matter how you do it. And it is an amazing feat for a woman no matter how it gets done! :goodvibes:

ho11yb 11-21-2011 04:43 PM

I don't think there is anything here. I had a C with my first (breech & with very large head). Our hospital won't permit vbac either. I'm scheduled for my next C on Wednesday. I would have liked to be able to at least do a TOL, but I've come to terms with it & wasn't going to do a home birth which is the only other real option.

Some here have expressed negative opinions about my initial C (how I should have fought harder to have a breech delivery, or ds' 15 inch (97+%) head wouldn't have caused any problem in delivery despite my OBs concerns). Whatever the reason a C is needed we all just want healthy babies in the end and for many if us our options are limited, and I think everyone should just respect others choices and circumstances of birth. Hopefully you don't get any negative response to your need for a repeat C. :hugs:

OrangeBananas 11-21-2011 05:54 PM

I haven't seen anything, but I think it would be nice. I have had 6 c-sections (& 1 vaginal birth) and will have another scheduled c-section in June.

Lilmeow 11-21-2011 07:14 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies! I also have issues down bellow that i was trying to be kinda in denial about.. so even if my hospital did do vbacs Im really thinking that by the looks of things it would be a bad bad idea.. going out on a whimb to NOT BE JUDGED but i have genital warts down there and since ive been preg they have gotten to the point where if a baby came outa there id prolly be in worse pain and recovery then a c-section!

Fantasy fox..we should chat! I thiink u were on my august 09 board am I right?.

breefawn 11-21-2011 07:22 PM

I had an emergency c/s with my DS (HUGE head and a VERY small pelvis...even though I'm one of those everyone says has 'birthing hips'! HA!). Because of our experience our next baby with also be born via c/s. It's NOTHING to be ashamed of. And those who would make rude and judgmental comments are really very sad people. I'm happy to give you support if you need it, mama!! :hugs:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 11-21-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilmeow (Post 14169306)
Thanks everyone for your replies! I also have issues down bellow that i was trying to be kinda in denial about.. so even if my hospital did do vbacs Im really thinking that by the looks of things it would be a bad bad idea.. going out on a whimb to NOT BE JUDGED but i have genital warts down there and since ive been preg they have gotten to the point where if a baby came outa there id prolly be in worse pain and recovery then a c-section!

Fantasy fox..we should chat! I thiink u were on my august 09 board am I right?.

I think in that case a c/s is better for you, though I am not a dr. :hugs:
I have not been on an august board, I am all over the board here but my youngest was born in 2007.:giggle:

kelly_jeanie 11-21-2011 09:31 PM

I was in a due date board for my YDS and posted about my repeat C, maybe 2 people posted. So my C-section support experience is not positive here.