Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Tell me about Austin! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1316085)

ashersmomoo 11-27-2011 10:05 AM

Tell me about Austin!

We are thinking about moving there in the next year. Where are the good school districts? What are the good neighborhoods? DH and I will be heading down there for a few days to check it out, the first part of December, what should we see? Do? Eat? Walk? Thanks! :goodvibes:

ashersmomoo 11-28-2011 08:23 AM

Anyone?

Maygirl 01-01-2012 06:59 PM

Re: Tell me about Austin!

Just saw this message. How was your trip to Austin? I live 20 minutes south from there and work out by the airport. It's a nice city and very outdoorsy if you like that kind of stuff.

ashersmomoo 01-01-2012 07:44 PM

It was wonderful! That sounds like the area we are thinking of moving to! We may move this summer, but we may wait another year. We'll see! What do you think? What is your experience with the people? We do love outdoor stuff! With (almost) 3 boys we NEED to be outside! :giggle: and we just need more space than we can get in Seattle. Also, I have trouble with all the rain, as I grew up in the south. :goodvibes: I would love to hear your thoughts!

mamabug1014 01-11-2012 08:59 PM

We lived there for 10 years and loved it! There is a lot of green space and outdoor activities almost year round. Also lots of festivals and theatre to attend. There are lots of good school districts. Eanes was always at the top, round rock and cedar park are also good. There are also some good charter schools, if you want a different approach. I found the people there really friendly and great. We live about an hour and a half south in San Antonio and we still go up to see everybody.

ashersmomoo 01-11-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamabug1014 (Post 14436693)
We lived there for 10 years and loved it! There is a lot of green space and outdoor activities almost year round. Also lots of festivals and theatre to attend. There are lots of good school districts. Eanes was always at the top, round rock and cedar park are also good. There are also some good charter schools, if you want a different approach. I found the people there really friendly and great. We live about an hour and a half south in San Antonio and we still go up to see everybody.

Awesome! What neighborhoods did you live in/like? :goodvibes:

mamabug1014 01-13-2012 08:31 PM

We lived East and like it. Some of the East side has been renovated and it really neat, some has not. The closer to town/35, usually are nicer areas. the advantage to living East, is that most all the traffic in town moves north/south to the burbs. So, it made commuting really easy. I have friends in the Shoal Creek area and that is great. Further out, Round Rock/Kyle is less expensive, but can be an hour and half to get in and out of Austin at traffic times.

tiffanycreuz 03-09-2014 08:04 AM

Eanes school district is nationally acclaimed!