Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   A round of applause! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1316442)

DalesWidda 11-28-2011 06:24 AM

A round of applause!

We are all moms. Why are we defined by our actions? We're often segregated into "mommy war" groups like Breast or Bottle, Circ or Uncirc, Cloth or Sposies, Vacc vs Unvacc, Cosleep or Crib, CIO or NonCIO, the list goes on. I just want to say that no matter whatever decisions we make, we are all great moms (and dads!) and we all rock. So here's a great big round of applause for all the awesome parents on this board!

:yourock::clapclap::cheerleader3:

Maybe we can all tone down a bit on the "I'm right, you're wrong" tit for tat nitpicking for at least the *holiday season, hey?

*Disclaimer: by holiday season of course I mean ALL holidays including but not limited to: Advent, Hanukah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Epiphany, St Lucia Day, St Nicholas Day, Bodhi Day, Las Posadas, New Years, Eid-al-Adha, Boxing Day, Hogmanay, Chinese New Year, and of course the general secular holiday season for those with no religious affiliation. If I missed anyone, I apologize profusely. Is there a holiday for those who believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? :roflmbo:

GrazieGirl 11-28-2011 06:37 AM

Re: A round of applause!

I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, thanks for including me!:goodvibes:

On a more serious note, I know you've gotten a lot of undeserved grief over some of your posts lately, sorry you've had to deal with that. I enjoy what you have to say and I'm glad you're here.

danielle 11-28-2011 06:44 AM

My husband and his goofy friends say that the Flying Spaghetti Monster's main holiday is the Never-ending Pasta Bowl event at the Olive Garden...

Happy holidays to everyone!

DalesWidda 11-28-2011 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrazieGirl (Post 14196808)
I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, thanks for including me!:goodvibes:

On a more serious note, I know you've gotten a lot of undeserved grief over some of your posts lately, sorry you've had to deal with that. I enjoy what you have to say and I'm glad you're here.

Thank you. That's so nice to hear. Sometimes I wonder if I should take an extended DS "leave" but I'm still around! :goodvibes:

AnimalHouse 11-28-2011 07:20 AM

You forgot to add Beans & Rice feeders vs. Beans & Rice nonfeeders in your list of Mommy Wars ;).

purpledayz 11-28-2011 07:31 AM

I believe you missed Festivus.

DalesWidda 11-28-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mama.timms (Post 14197014)
You forgot to add Beans & Rice feeders vs. Beans & Rice nonfeeders in your list of Mommy Wars ;).

Duh! And I'm the one who started that one. I'm losing my mind.

Almacham 11-28-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DalesWidda (Post 14196738)
We are all moms. Why are we defined by our actions? We're often segregated into "mommy war" groups like Breast or Bottle, Circ or Uncirc, Cloth or Sposies, Vacc vs Unvacc, Cosleep or Crib, CIO or NonCIO, the list goes on. I just want to say that no matter whatever decisions we make, we are all great moms (and dads!) and we all rock. So here's a great big round of applause for all the awesome parents on this board!

:yourock::clapclap::cheerleader3:

Maybe we can all tone down a bit on the "I'm right, you're wrong" tit for tat nitpicking for at least the *holiday season, hey?

*Disclaimer: by holiday season of course I mean ALL holidays including but not limited to: Advent, Hanukah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Epiphany, St Lucia Day, St Nicholas Day, Bodhi Day, Las Posadas, New Years, Eid-al-Adha, Boxing Day, Hogmanay, Chinese New Year, and of course the general secular holiday season for those with no religious affiliation. If I missed anyone, I apologize profusely. Is there a holiday for those who believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? :roflmbo:

:thumbsup:

MCR 11-28-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpledayz (Post 14197050)
I believe you missed Festivus.

Ah yes, for the rest of us.

I think all you Moms rock too.

hilaryisinked 11-28-2011 04:35 PM

:)