Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Sicker with boys or girls? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131650)

Mickiswing 04-16-2007 06:05 PM

Sicker with boys or girls?

Has anyone else heard the myth/theory that you'll get sicker with girls than boys?

If it's true, this baby will be another girl. I'm curious how many others had theirs turn out this way too.

rowynne 04-16-2007 07:39 PM

Re: Sicker with boys or girls?

I have 3 girls. No m/s with the first 2, horrible m/s with the 3rd, bad m/s but not as bad with this one. My mom has 4 girls & has never had m/s, even when pg with my twin sisters. My aunt has 2 girls & was in the hospital for IV fluids for the 2nd. Ya just never know.

shell015 04-16-2007 07:41 PM

I lost 80lbs with DS during the pregnancy (needed to be lost LOL) so I am not sure it could get much worse. But DSD came with the marriage so no sickness there. Boy that is the way to get them... LOL

yellowcampcat 04-16-2007 07:42 PM

I have heard this, but I don't know how much truth there is to it. I have two girls. Was never sick at all with the first, and had mild ms with the 2nd. I know someone who has three boys and was so sick with each that she had to get IV fluids.

LuAnn 04-16-2007 07:47 PM

I heard it and everyone I know IRL had it worse with a girl than they did with a boy....I had nothing with ds and nothing with this one, but Ill lyk what were having in a couple wweeks:)

CrunchyClark 04-16-2007 07:51 PM

I've heard it too...but I was desperately ill with ds #1. Then when I got pregnant again, I felt SO good and the pregnancy was soo different...I thought definitely girl....but nope...another boy. Then baby #3.....I was SURE was another boy, because it was just like pregnancy #2...but nope...girl! LOL

MommyMommyMommy 04-16-2007 07:55 PM

I just seem to get sicker and sicker each consecutive pregnancy :yuck: , no matter the sex of the baby. :headscratch:

Isabellasmom 04-16-2007 08:04 PM

For me it was pretty true, with dd I was sick for about 12 weeks, with ds I was very ill for about 5 months and am still somewhat sick, can't wait for that part to be over.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 04-16-2007 09:24 PM

I havent heard of this but got m/s with ds for 25 days, had m/s with dd for a month also, and with this baby it lasted almost 2 months, who knows..lol

ZooCrew10 04-17-2007 10:15 AM

I always usually know what I'm having by the m/s. With girls I am much more sick and for a longer period. With boys it's shorter and not as bad. This time I'm confused because I felt awful all the time for several weeks all day long, but it stopped a week ago and now I'm thinking I'm having a boy (my other symptoms and "instinct" are telling me boy, we'll see). I guess I'll have to wait until a conclusive US later on to see if this one holds to be true (5 out of six pg's so far I've been right).