Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   can i co-sleep without my boobs out (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1316868)

JenniferLovesEmily 11-28-2011 07:48 PM

can i co-sleep without my boobs out

My DS is 5 1/2 months old. He doesn't like to nurse or sleep on any kind of schedule (but he's not nursing on demand. It's more spaced than that. I just never know if hes going 2 hrs or 4+ hrs)
Although he slept 5 hrs straight 9ish pm-2+ am every night for his first three months, he's been waking when I go to bed at 11pm and now falls back asleep on my boob in my bed. I impulsivly did whatever was quickest to quiet him so he didn't wake DD. I like co-sleeping but don't like sleeping with my shirt up. He does fall asleep without my boob for naps. Is there a way to encourage him to fall back asleep throughout the night without my boob in his mouth?

Sent from my Droid....probably while nursing ....interpret accordingly

carolineb 11-28-2011 08:18 PM

Re: can i co-sleep without my boobs out

:popcorn: I have a little guy who cannot sleep without my boob! I don't mind co-sleeping so he can eat and go back to sleep but he wants unlimited access!

CntryMama 11-28-2011 08:21 PM

Same here... I think she is a little monster. She will not sleep without me, ever. I just want an hour alone but nope. She needs to be stomach to stomach with her legs resting on mine and her face shoved into my chest.

ThreadsThatBind 11-28-2011 08:28 PM

Do you use a pacifier? Sometimes that works for us. But mostly I just got used to sleeping with my shirt up. :giggle:

mom2luke&jake 11-28-2011 08:35 PM

I think this might just be a "band-aide" but I cut off a couple longsleeve shirts right under the boob area and sleep in a nursing tank. That way everything but the "goods" are covered up making me more comfy, but lo has complete access. Dont know if this helps but thats what helped me. Oh and the tissue 't's are the best as they are light enough to not be too hot.

deezee02 11-29-2011 03:47 AM

I just sleep in a nursing tank. When I remember (aka when I am still awake) I just carefully pull up the flap.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

jessnic 11-29-2011 05:51 AM

I wear a long sleeve henley with the buttons on the front to bed if its cold so only my boob is out. When he falls asleep I just close up shop!

JenniferLovesEmily 11-29-2011 07:11 AM

Great wardrobe suggestions!! lol

Is there anyone out there who co-sleeps and the baby will stir and go back to sleep without boob? Are my hopes too high for this age? For this sleeping arrangement?

carolineb 11-29-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2luke&jake
I think this might just be a "band-aide" but I cut off a couple longsleeve shirts right under the boob area and sleep in a nursing tank. That way everything but the "goods" are covered up making me more comfy, but lo has complete access. Dont know if this helps but thats what helped me. Oh and the tissue 't's are the best as they are light enough to not be too hot.

Well now I have an idea of an extra use for my arm warmers for cycling!

http://m.rei.com/mt/www.rei.com/prod...n_jtt_redirect

jessnic 11-29-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenniferLovesEmily
Great wardrobe suggestions!! lol

Is there anyone out there who co-sleeps and the baby will stir and go back to sleep without boob? Are my hopes too high for this age? For this sleeping arrangement?

Occassionally I can cuddle and pat DS back to sleep at 4 1/2 months but only occassionally!