Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Not losing weight while breastfeeding (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13172)

Happywillow 06-09-2006 09:15 PM

Not losing weight while breastfeeding

It seems like everyone says that breastfeeding is a miracle when trying to lose weight after pregnancy. I have many friends who zipped right back to their weight and got even skinnier while they nursed their babies. However, I don't seem to be one of them. Nor did my sister. Does anyone else seem to hold on to extra pounds until baby weans? I would feel better if there was someone else who experienced this and not the "I've never been skinner than I was while breastfeeding!" that I seem to hear all the time. :cry: Of course, having two babies 19 months apart might have a little to do with it, too!

--Megan
SAHM to Gwen 4/04 and
Keira 11/05

MommyMommyMommy 06-09-2006 11:33 PM

Re: Not losing weight while breastfeeding

I'm breastfeeding and am fatter than I've ever been! :giggle: I seem to stretch those extra 500 calories per day into a lot more :blush:

Jillybean 06-09-2006 11:42 PM

I usually lose weight while breastfeeding, but there have been times when I did not, or I gained even. If I'm not losing and I assess my diet I generally find I am simply eating way too many calories. If I cut back a bit (nothing drastic) I generally start losing again, slowly but steadily. I know thats probably a duh, but its my experience.

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 06-09-2006 11:43 PM

:yeahthat:

Samantha 06-09-2006 11:47 PM

:exactly:

Namaste 06-10-2006 02:05 AM

I don't but now that my dd is eating solids, I need to readjust my food. I can eat like a truckdriver.

tng_mama 06-10-2006 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyMommyMommy
I'm breastfeeding and am fatter than I've ever been! :giggle: I seem to stretch those extra 500 calories per day into a lot more :blush:

:yeahthat:

EmnJJsMom 06-10-2006 12:38 PM

While I'm breastfeeding I get cravings worse than I ever did while I was pregnant...I think that is what slows my weight loss a little. I pop the girls in the wagon and walk a few miles a day though and that has been helping me work off those extra calories from my cravings nicely. Try to find low-fat alternatives to your fave foods too w/out compromising the healthy stuff!

stopka7224 06-10-2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanSmiles
I don't but now that my dd is eating solids, I need to readjust my food. I can eat like a truckdriver.

Yep yep.. Me too! ;)

KnottyLDSMama 06-10-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmnJJsMom
While I'm breastfeeding I get cravings worse than I ever did while I was pregnant...

OMG I thought I was the only person that happened to! lol My husband thinks I'm crazy! I had litterally NO cravings at all while pregnant. Now I have several every day. :fridge: