Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In July (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   When can you hear the heartbeat with a doppler? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1317731)

nikkilynn 11-30-2011 01:46 PM

When can you hear the heartbeat with a doppler?

I will be 10w 1d at my appt next Friday do you think we will hear it? WE saw the HB and baby measured right on track on U/S at 7w6d but being I have lost one at 9w3d I am still nervous :(.

HaloLady79 11-30-2011 02:54 PM

Re: When can you hear the heartbeat with a doppler?

Im 8wks 6days today and the cldn't get the h/b on the doppler but they did on the u/s. NP said normally she hears it around 10 wks but then joked that she's been practicing for 42 yrs and was going deaf :giggle:

mom2threeboys 11-30-2011 05:22 PM

I think 10-12 weeks is average. I think you have a good chance to hear it at 10w but don't worry if you can't. Might be a ljust ittle early. Hope that helps.

My first appointment is next week and I will be 10 weeks too. I hope to hear it too. So easy to worry!! We also saw the hb on sono at 7 weeks. But a rainbow baby for us too.

just1more 11-30-2011 05:41 PM

I have a doppler at home and started picking up the hb at exactly 8wks.

ommelissa 11-30-2011 05:45 PM

Usually around 9 or 10 weeks, but it depends on how "fluffy" you are also. Skinny mamas can hear it earlier, but you can often hear the baby's movements even if you can't get the heartbeat.

dogmom327 11-30-2011 08:28 PM

10 weeks with DS. With DD I think it was 12 or 13 weeks. We tried at 10 weeks but she was hiding. I actually felt her move before we heard the heart beat.

This time I think we are going to skip the doppler and just wait until we can use the fetoscope. I'm probably not going in until after 12 weeks anyway. Just not feeling urgent about it.

stevensmom 12-02-2011 07:28 PM

I have the Sonoline B and it says that you can get it between 8-10 weeks.

I plan on searching at 8 weeks...of course I have more time to do that then if I was a dr at an appointment. They usually don't like to sit there for 30 minutes trying to find the hb :giggle2:

nikkilynn 12-05-2011 05:52 PM

Well they had to reschedule for today instead. He tried (not very hard imo) to find the HB but couldn't. HE said he did not expect to either. My next appt is in 6 weeks and there is NO way I can wait that long. I will defiantly be renting a doppler lol.

btw I am 9w3d

SkyeBattest 12-05-2011 07:24 PM

Im 8 weeks 6 days today and my OB tried to see if we could but said normally it's not heard this early so not to freak out. She found it for brief second reading around 180 but couldn't really stay on it or find it for me to actually "listen" but said next time for sure! I know its good anyways since I saw it beating away on the internal u/s