Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   What bc are you using while breastfeeding? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1318224)

coleina 12-01-2011 01:22 PM

What bc are you using while breastfeeding?

I hope hope hope to be successful at breastfeeding on demand exclusively for 6 months... (due in Jan with my first), but want to decide on another bc option in case that doesn't happen... what are you using? What worked & didn't?

Thanks.

The Fancy Pansy 12-01-2011 02:51 PM

Re: What bc are you using while breastfeeding?

I get my first PPAF at 4 months even though I exclusively breastfeed. We use condoms.

NikkiNicole 12-02-2011 07:12 PM

DD is almost 3 months and we EBF (constantly lol) I got the shot. My DH is deployed and we didn't want another baby right now, esp an R&Rbaby. So I got one shot, when he comes home I'm thinking the nuva ring.

Mags462 12-03-2011 11:53 AM

EBF all of my boys for between 14-18mo.... and gave them solids around 10mo-12mo..... i got PP AF after DS1 at the 12/13mo mark.... After DS2 i never got it back - we caught the first cycle at roughly 9mo PP ..... Having babies 18mo apart was HARD on me so this time around I had a copper IUD placed at my 8wk pp check up. Love it. Never had a negative side effect.... EBF DS3 until around 14mo. :goodvibes:

isaacsmum 12-03-2011 02:52 PM

I was using the mini pill after my first, and once my cycles returned it seemed like I was spotting constantly. After the second baby, I opted for Mirena and I've been happy with it so far. Neither have affected breastfeeding at all.

Blindbatbeth 12-04-2011 01:45 PM

Copper IUD, I don't want to have a moment of weakness and have an oopsies. I want more kids (I have 2 DD's) and I plan on waiting 8 years to have more because I want 2 and 2. Figured wirh nursing and getting off insurance next month it's the only way. I had mirena and that made me gain weight like CRAZY so no hormones this time

hilaryisinked 12-06-2011 09:31 PM

Leaning toward a copper iud this time until DH can get in to get his vasectomy (we are very done) unless he can get in really soon after I have this baby.

Sent from my LG Ally using DS Forum

MadeofStarStuff 12-06-2011 09:57 PM

Using the mini-pill and so far so good! No issues with breastfeeding, either.

ma-meem 12-07-2011 07:00 AM

I'm 2.5 months post partum and still not using any bc...I'm exclusively BF and we're waiting on dh to decide on whether or not to get snipped LOL I guess if not, we'd better think of something soon!

A&M'smommy 12-07-2011 07:07 AM

Mini pill. So far so good... No flow and we are at 6 months pp. And she is having a little solids here and there...