Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In July (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   UPDATE 12/27 ----Tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1320897)

rahhlady 12-07-2011 02:00 PM

UPDATE 12/27 ----Tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for...

... my first doctor's appointment with my rainbow. I will be about 7 weeks 5 days, give or take a little since I o'd late. Is it normal after a loss that they will do an ultrasound to see if there is a heartbeat? I know they can't hear it with the doppler and I am just worried and want some peace of mind.

UPDATE: After seeing the heartbeat at 7 weeks 5 days, I was sure I would be okay. Well, had some bleeding today and the baby died two days after the ultrasound. So I am out. D&C tomorrow.

RoccerMom 12-07-2011 04:10 PM

Good luck mama! :hugs: my mw does an us Every time I go in. I don't know if that's common practice but its cool.

Sent from my PC36100 using DS Forum

Bethany89 12-07-2011 04:47 PM

Re: Tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for...

My first appointment is an u/s.. I was told it is common practice to ensure that they are treating you for a 'viable' pregnancy.

rahhlady 12-07-2011 06:33 PM

My doctor I had with DS did one to date me, but said usually the 20 week one is only one they do. I am with a new doctor now though.

sstarfish 12-07-2011 06:53 PM

I haven't found that it's normal practice, but I was w/ a birthing center for my 1st two, and a homebirth mw after that, so I've never been to an OB. I know that I wanted an early u/s after my loss too!

TangerineLove 12-07-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bethany89 (Post 14251489)
My first appointment is an u/s.. I was told it is common practice to ensure that they are treating you for a 'viable' pregnancy.

Tomorrow is my first appointment too! The midwife I'm going with likes to do the first appointment during week 10 so the heartbeat should be able to be heard by then (by doppler). This particular mf basically just does the halfway u/s and then later on as necessary.

I hope we both get good news and strong heart beats tomorrow!:goodvibes:

mom2threeboys 12-07-2011 07:14 PM

I have my first appointment tomorrow too. 10 weeks. I am so nervous and praying for a good heartbeat! My midwife doesn't do ultrasounds. We had one through my dads work at 7 weeks and all was great.

Good luck at your appointments ladies! :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

rosenfried2 12-07-2011 07:14 PM

My first appointment is tomorrow too! I'm 8 weeks today!

TangerineLove 12-07-2011 07:22 PM

Cool! That makes four of us in this thread! :goodvibes:

As a personal bonus, I'm going to leave work at 1 and stay gone the rest of the day. hehe.

mom2threeboys 12-07-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TangerineLove (Post 14252242)
Cool! That makes four of us in this thread! :goodvibes:

As a personal bonus, I'm going to leave work at 1 and stay gone the rest of the day. hehe.

Is it sad that I am so used to Facebook that I keep trying to "like" post? lol Can you say preggo brain?! :giggle: Have a great half day off!