Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   C/S tips on recovering from a cesarean (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323496)

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 12-13-2011 02:43 PM

C/S tips on recovering from a cesarean

Post here about what helped you most after your c/s. Let's help those who will be having their first and beyond.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 12-13-2011 02:45 PM

Re: C/S tips on recovering from a cesarean

I recommend you get up and out of bed as soon as you can, the moving around will help you heal faster, remember not to over do it.
Take your pain medicine as needed, don't try to be a hero.
Use a cuddly pillow to cough, sneeze, laugh, this helps so much.

KaysieW003 12-13-2011 02:48 PM

I agree with you Sally and I also recommend stool softeners!

hbee 12-13-2011 02:49 PM

To get out of bed, roll onto your side, swing your legs out, and push off with your arms. Effectively eliminating the majority of the use of your stomach muscles.

famaza 12-13-2011 03:24 PM

Most of what the earlier mamas said plus a simple belly band helped me a lot,it just supports your weak tummy muscles and back.My mother stayed with us to help,so that did an amazing job of letting me be stress-free!

Lilmeow 12-13-2011 03:29 PM

A belly band? will it annoy the insision? OOOH these are great ideas ladies!!!

I didnt like the way the pain meds made me feel.. do you have to worry about them while nursing.. i know they say you dont.. but really does anyone know the scoop? this was my next thing to research! they gave me morphine untill they took my ivs out.. I dont remember how long i got it for.. BUT they wanted to push the button more then i needed it.. I didnt like that part... I have a high pain tolerance.. then while out of the hospital they gave me percoset... they told me to take 2. .. i wound up taking 1-1.5 for the first few days home.. ( i wasnt pro at getting up ill have to use less muscles this time!! ) and then i dropped it down to a half of one bc of the way it made me feel and tried to stick to the ibuprofen ... i was so scared it was going to get to the baby through my milk.. someone clear my mind of this.. I SO want to be outa bed asap!

png_lovebirds 12-13-2011 04:12 PM

I've had 4 Csections and these are my recs!

~Get up as soon as you can!
~Take your pain meds whether you hurt OR NOT! This is THE MOST important info I can give! I take my pain pills for 3 days straight days following my Csection. And I have PAINLESS recoveries! Even after I stop my pain pills, I have no pain!
~Use those mesh panties the hospital gives you! They go way up on your abdomen and you won't have to worry about them digging into your incision site.
~Don't be too limiting with your activity. Go up the stairs...move around! The more you lay around the worse you will feel! You will get stiff and uncomfortable!

That's all I can think of right now!!

BNC 12-13-2011 04:16 PM

sleep on your belly - sounds counterinuitive, but it was the only way I could sleep and it helped me be able to get out of bed on my own (I would get up on all 5=4 and back my way to the end of the bed and stand up, lol).

skolbut 12-13-2011 04:37 PM

Don't be a hero and ask for help. I didn't have any help and thought I could do it all myself. Especially with laundry!

Be prepared to live out of one room or one area for a while -- we had a pack n play set up in the family room so I didn't. have to to up and down the stairs all day.

It took me about three weeks before I was feeling myself again.

tryinforthree 12-13-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by famaza
Most of what the earlier mamas said plus a simple belly band helped me a lot,it just supports your weak tummy muscles and back.My mother stayed with us to help,so that did an amazing job of letting me be stress-free!

belly band is a lifesaver! Also, I did not sleep in my bed for the first week. I slept in the recliner because it was much easier for me to grab baby in the bassinet next to me there than to get in and out of bed. Also I can't take vicodin because I feel out of it but if you ask they will do Tylenol 3 instead and I took those around the clock for the first 4 days and only as needed after.

Sent from my sprint evo3d please look past my auto correct!