Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In July (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Names? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323597)

rahhlady 12-13-2011 07:52 PM

Names?

Does anyone have names picked out yet?

If we have a girl, her name will be Jordyn Lyndsey [Jordyn, because it is the only girl name we agree on. Lyndsey for my friend who was murdered in '06]

For a boy [which I am 99% sure it will be because I read WAY too much into those chinese gender things] It will be Ephraim __________. Ephraim is KINDA a funny story. I watched the show Everwood on the WB when I was in like 7th or 8th grade. I feel in LOVE with the name Collin off of that show. I vowed I would someday name my boy Collin. Well, my DH LOVED the name and so we have a little almost 2 year old named Collin running around. Well, the MAIN character on that show was Ephraim. We kinda were joking around when we couldn't decide on a boy name that we should just go with the theme of that show and name our future son [if we have one] Ephraim... we both decided that we liked it and thus, Ephraim is our boy name. Not sure on a middle name yet. Probably Rex or Michael. We just haven't put a ton of thought into it yet.

I am still super secretly PRAYING for a girl, but I am not going to get my hopes up. Those charts are scarily accurate and I think I jsut need to get used to the fact that I am probably going to have a boy, haha.

rosenfried2 12-13-2011 08:44 PM

For a boy we are thinking Judah Solomon .. for a girl DH loves Lucy and I love Willow. We're probably going with Rebecca for the middle name, but since we are going team green, who knows!

mom2threeboys 12-13-2011 09:29 PM

Re: Names?

Our boy name is Landon James. For a girl we like Claire but nothing for sure. :goodvibes:

mabelinoad 12-13-2011 09:29 PM

We still don't know!

We have a Lillian Jordyn and a Nolan Earl(after dad and grandpa). So we're thinkin' of keeping the "an/en" sound at the end. So...

Adrienne
Adelynn
Madelynn/Madeline

Cooper(totally not "an/en" but we both LOVE this name)
Colin
Dylan
Daxton
Dixon
And boy will have the middle name "Ray" after my dad who passed away when I was young.

We're changing out minds daily...so who knows what it'll be :) Oh. And I'm secretly hoping for a girl too :hugegrin:

nikkilynn 12-13-2011 09:55 PM

If we have a boy his name will be Ayden Layne and if it's a girl her name will be Elizabeth Hope.

Ahavati 12-13-2011 09:58 PM

I have an Ephram Mason (dropped the "I", don't remember why honestly) Mason is my dad's name. I love his name. I first heard it on that show as well but it was mainly picked for the meaning and because it's hebrew.

SkyeBattest 12-13-2011 10:29 PM

For us we decided on the following:

Girl:

Aubree Renee Marie

I want her to have my mom's first AND middle name as her middle name. My mom passed away from brain cancer when i was 16.

I really liked the combination of meanings for the girl name:

Aubree: (Elf or magical being, power)
Renee: (Reborn)
Marie: (Star of the sea)

For a boy I WANTED Ayden orignally, but the hubby didn't want two A names. So we both decided on:

Hunter

But we haven't thought of middle names yet, any suggestions??

edens_mom 12-14-2011 10:14 AM

... we have a really hard time overthinking names! We've never been completely 100% decided until labor, and that's just because my husband's like, ok, we don't have time to agonize anymore! I have a hard time coming up with ideas until I know the gender, though. I love the name Lydia for a girl (secretly hoping for another girl here) but DH isn't sold. My grandmother's name and my middle name are Alice, so I'd love to use it. We are really ? for a boy because all the names we like, good friends/family have already used!

*Willow* 12-14-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosenfried2
For a boy we are thinking Judah Solomon .. for a girl DH loves Lucy and I love Willow. We're probably going with Rebecca for the middle name, but since we are going team green, who knows!

I think Willow is nice ;)

We are having a lot of fun tossing around names. We haven't decided yet if we are finding out the gender or not. It is fun discussing names. We probably won't be settling on anything traditional. The names we are discussing are everything but. We are making a list of the names we like. As time goes on we will add or cross off names. I have found that what I like now, I may not like later. We have thought we may leave the final decision of names till the baby is born, and just use the list as a guide, meeting the baby and seeing what fits him/her best.

I'm crossing my fingers for another girl.

mom2threeboys 12-14-2011 11:45 AM

I see lots of you hoping for a little girl :giggle:. I think a little girl would be so fun, but I prob have a 80% chance of another boy. I am happy either way. I think I will go a little crazy shopping for bows and dresses if this is a girl. :blush: