Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early Arrivals (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   37 WEEKS exact!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323691)

MarinaM 12-13-2011 10:12 PM

37 WEEKS exact!!!

Hi all,

I delivered my daughter @ 37 weeks, went into labor naturally. Im pregnant with baby#2 and wondering if Im pron to deliver early again... Any one experienced multiple early deliveries???

7arrows4Christ 12-13-2011 11:37 PM

Re: 37 WEEKS exact!!!

There is not always a pattern to follow... :) I'm expecting blessing #7...

Baby #1 ~ Water broke naturally at 36 weeks, we delivered at a freestanding birth center, but transferred because she was having trouble breathing. She stayed 17 days in the hospital, and had an awful time with jaundice.

Baby #2 ~ You better believe I was ready by 36 weeks with our second daughter! BUT, I went 5 days over my due date, had a wonderful homebirth and felt great.

Baby #3 ~ I still was ready by 36 weeks, just in case...and our first son was born at 37 weeks, at home. We had to keep a close eye on his jaundice also.

Baby #4 ~ Ready again a month early! My water broke in the middle of the night, starting labor....And she came on her due date!

Baby #5 ~ Had everything ready by the 36th week....and our second son arrived on his due date, also. My water broke in the middle of the night with him also, and labor began a few hours later.

Baby #6 ~ Just in case.. we were prepared by 36 weeks...but our fourth daughter didn't make her arrival until 15 days after her due date...my water broke in the early afternoon, and I labored for 2 days, until we finally transferred because I was not dialating. My water had been broke for nearly 48 hours.

So every single baby was different, and I still don't have a clue if baby #7 will come early, on time, or late. We do know that we'll be prepared by 36 weeks, just in case our 5th daughter decides to come early! :)

I know that some momma's of many children, tend to follow a pattern...always go overdue, etc...but not me. Every baby, labor and delivery are a new adventure!

Merry Christmas! Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

Erin

queamore112 03-23-2012 06:05 AM

It is always hard to tell if the baby will come early or late. Every baby is so unique and different. You start to be able to tell differences and signs as you have more kids but for the most part every baby, as you see above, is different.

effevesse 03-30-2012 11:10 AM

My baby came at 37 weeks on the nose too and I was wondering the same thing - 7arrows, thanks for the very useful reply!!!

I was sooooooo not ready when my daughter came....was sure I had at least a few more days! I had a big weekend of things "to do" planned but she came early saturday morning....kids hey?

mibarra 03-30-2012 12:12 PM

It depends, if you had a condition that led to early delivery, you may have it again. If there was not explanation, then it's hard to tell...

CaliRoll 04-08-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra
It depends, if you had a condition that led to early delivery, you may have it again. If there was not explanation, then it's hard to tell...

:yeahthat: My DS1 was born at 38+w but I had cholestasis with my next two pregnancies so DD was born at 37w4d and DS2 was just born at 36w6d. All spontaneous births, no inductions. So each birth got earlier and each labor got shorter. But again, I had cholestasis which carries the risk of preterm birth.

dreamingkristin 04-12-2012 07:06 PM

My first was 28 weeks -
my second and third were 37 weeks..
my fouth... well Im 35 weeks today and he is still in there for now....

pharmmama 05-04-2012 11:40 AM

Technically 37 weeks is considered full term, not early. I had my first 2 at 38w on the dot. Waiting to see what #3 does. Hoping she'll go to her due date since it's July 4th, but going to have everything ready by 38w just in case.

MrsAsh 05-05-2012 01:04 AM

I had my first at 34 weeks and my second at 35. I think I'm in labor as I type with #3 and I'm 34 weeks and 5 days. I seem to have a pattern with out any reason as to why.

agzip03 05-05-2012 08:45 PM

My first was 17 days early and second was 10 days early. Funny thing was I was more ready for number 1 than 2.