Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Baby #8 is on the way...Im in SHOCK! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323769)

SAHM2Seven 12-14-2011 07:58 AM

Baby #8 is on the way...Im in SHOCK!

Well...my period was a few days late, I took 3 pregnancy tests last night and this morning...and its positive..we have been doing NFP, but I guess it failed...lol My husband is VERY happy, and so is my oldest son, he is 21 and was with me when I took the test at Wal Mart last night...lol...he is the only other person that knows (besides a couple of my close friends)...

I am nervous because I have had hypertension since my last daughter was born, she is almost 3, and I take narcotic pain meds for some other health issues I have...

Please tell me it will be okay...

Happy to be here I think :)

andyoly82 12-14-2011 08:45 AM

It will be okay!!! If it makes you feel better I'm a little stressed over health as well. My first pregnancy at 32 weeks I went fully ecclampsic (seizures, had surgery and coma) with DS I was induced because of severe Pre ecclampsia. I really hope this one goes smoothly. I so want to have a natural birth and have my water break all over hubby's shoes (lol just to watch him freak out but I know it won't happen that way :giggle:) but I'm prepared either way. If you are really concerned you could do what I do. Keep a log of your daily BP, symptoms you may be experiencing (ie dizziness, headache, blurred vision) and make sure you talk to your dr if you at anyway feel as if something is off. You know your body the best!! Trust your instincts!!!! Congrats!!!!! I can't wait to get to know you better!

marthathecakelady 12-14-2011 08:46 AM

Re: Baby #8 is on the way...Im in SHOCK!

It will be okay! You are going to do great! Get on the phone with the doctor to make a plan for your meds and what you need to do there. both the hypertension and the other.

That is awesome about your son. :)

Please come introduce yourself on the sticky due date list so we can add you and get to know ya! :D

boogamama 12-14-2011 10:31 AM

Congratulations!! :) Ours is also a bit of a surprise. Hooray for surprise blessings!!

mommato4kids 12-14-2011 11:01 AM

Yeah! Congrats mama!! We were using NTNP and after my first ppaf got pg with #6. We're a bit shocked too. :goodvibes:

lilbitcrunchy 12-14-2011 01:29 PM

What a blessed mama you are, congrats!

Beaner's Mom 12-15-2011 08:11 PM

Congrats! I've always wanted a big family!

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyoly82
It will be okay!!! If it makes you feel better I'm a little stressed over health as well. My first pregnancy at 32 weeks I went fully ecclampsic (seizures, had surgery and coma) with DS I was induced because of severe Pre ecclampsia. I really hope this one goes smoothly. I so want to have a natural birth and have my water break all over hubby's shoes (lol just to watch him freak out but I know it won't happen that way :giggle:) but I'm prepared either way.

Have you looked into the Brewer Diet? It is supposed to work wonders for women with a history of (pre) ecclampsia.

andyoly82 12-15-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaner's Mom
Congrats! I've always wanted a big family!

Have you looked into the Brewer Diet? It is supposed to work wonders for women with a history of (pre) ecclampsia.

Yes I have. My body doesn't handle it well because allergic to a lot of foods and get migraines from them as well. So unfortunately it's not for me. My dr is trying to get me into a case study since my first delivery was so traumatic and I am a repeat offender. Hopefully I can help someone in the future. On top of all that, since I have had PE and ecclampsia I am predisposed to develop it again and my migraine history also puts me at higher risk. So fun!

247mom 12-16-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyoly82 (Post 14286377)
It will be okay!!! If it makes you feel better I'm a little stressed over health as well. My first pregnancy at 32 weeks I went fully ecclampsic (seizures, had surgery and coma) with DS I was induced because of severe Pre ecclampsia. I really hope this one goes smoothly. I so want to have a natural birth and have my water break all over hubby's shoes (lol just to watch him freak out but I know it won't happen that way :giggle:) but I'm prepared either way. If you are really concerned you could do what I do. Keep a log of your daily BP, symptoms you may be experiencing (ie dizziness, headache, blurred vision) and make sure you talk to your dr if you at anyway feel as if something is off. You know your body the best!! Trust your instincts!!!! Congrats!!!!! I can't wait to get to know you better!

DDC, sorry, but I just wanted to comment on your ecclampsia, have you ever had your vitamin D levels checked? I had pre-ecclampsia with my first pregnancy and didn't know that low vit. D is one of the main causes of this. I just got my level checked because my midwife encouraged me to- no symptoms and it was extremely low!!! Just a thought, and hope you don't have that problem again! :hugs:

andyoly82 12-16-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 247mom

DDC, sorry, but I just wanted to comment on your ecclampsia, have you ever had your vitamin D levels checked? I had pre-ecclampsia with my first pregnancy and didn't know that low vit. D is one of the main causes of this. I just got my level checked because my midwife encouraged me to- no symptoms and it was extremely low!!! Just a thought, and hope you don't have that problem again! :hugs:

Oh yeah. Many times. I swear they make me a human pin cushion. They can't figure out why. It's also weird because I am an asymptomatic PE person. That basically means I show no signs or symptoms (my bp is normal, no headaches, dizziness, or high urine protein) until its almost too late. With DS it was literally a matter of 10 min. I had fetal monitoring do e and was fine. Walked down stairs into my drs office and boom I'm being induced. Crazyness