Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Hey, where did this forum come from? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324042)

Harmony96 12-14-2011 05:30 PM

Hey, where did this forum come from?
 
And where was it a few weeks ago when I needed it? :giggle:

Lilmeow 12-14-2011 05:34 PM

Re: Hey, where did this forum come from?
 
I asked them to make one just for us.. and they did!!! I hope that it helps A LOT Of members!! ((hugs)) mama Ive been following your thread!!

Jessica- mama to 3 boys and in march a girl!

slimy72 12-14-2011 05:59 PM

Re: Hey, where did this forum come from?
 
That is awesome!! I've always felt so alienated here with my birth because I had to have a C! Nice to have a place to talk about it.

magoose 12-14-2011 06:38 PM

Re: Hey, where did this forum come from?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by slimy72 (Post 14289548)
That is awesome!! I've always felt so alienated here with my birth because I had to have a C! Nice to have a place to talk about it.

I agree. I sometimes feel in the cloth diapering community, that I should be expected to have a natural childbirth and go for the VBAC. As much as I would love to, it's just not in the cards for me. I had a c/s with DS, and will have another for this baby. It's really nice to have a place where were can support each other and help each other out when it comes to c/s without being made to feel bad about not having a vaginal birth.

tryinforthree 12-14-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendaRN

I agree. I sometimes feel in the cloth diapering community, that I should be expected to have a natural childbirth and go for the VBAC. As much as I would love to, it's just not in the cards for me. I had a c/s with DS, and will have another for this baby. It's really nice to have a place where were can support each other and help each other out when it comes to c/s without being made to feel bad about not having a vaginal birth.

Yes some do make us all feel like we are less of moms and less crunchy because we didn't push them out on our beds or in our bath tubs! I say ewww to both because it's not for me! We actually went back into our family lines and can't find a natural birth in the last 50 years. I knew when I had my first that I would likely have a c/s as that's the pattern my family has been. Not sure why maybe out pelvis is not shaped right or whatever but I love having this forum now!

MichelleSG 12-14-2011 07:19 PM

Re: Hey, where did this forum come from?
 
Well I went for a VBAC and lemme tell ya, my genes should not be in the gene pool according to mother nature. Ended in a second emergency c at 37 + 2 and I was at 5 cm and on the brink of rupturing. Eminent death anyone? Yup, that's me. Doesn't matter how crunchy I want to be, it ain't happening via the normal exit route.
Nice to see another forum option here for those of us both voluntary and not so voluntary c mamas.

AmandaR 12-14-2011 07:59 PM

Re: Hey, where did this forum come from?
 
Been following your LO on FB and praying for him!!

Kätzchen 12-14-2011 08:06 PM

Re: Hey, where did this forum come from?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleSG (Post 14289917)
Well I went for a VBAC and lemme tell ya, my genes should not be in the gene pool according to mother nature. Ended in a second emergency c at 37 + 2 and I was at 5 cm and on the brink of rupturing. Eminent death anyone? Yup, that's me. Doesn't matter how crunchy I want to be, it ain't happening via the normal exit route.
Nice to see another forum option here for those of us both voluntary and not so voluntary c mamas.

:thumbsup::goodvibes:

Harmony96 12-14-2011 09:21 PM

Re: Hey, where did this forum come from?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleSG (Post 14289917)
Ended in a second emergency c at 37 + 2 and I was at 5 cm and on the brink of rupturing. Eminent death anyone?

I was at 4 cm and DID rupture, completely. Got two units of blood the next day (in addition to the three units I'd gotten the previous week from the constant bleeding during pregnancy).

So I guess my c-section would fall under the "not-so-voluntary" category. :giggle:

MichelleSG 12-14-2011 09:39 PM

Re: Hey, where did this forum come from?
 
Yuck mama! Did you end up with a not so voluntary hysterectomy too? When I opted for a VBAC (and there is only 1 ob/gyn office in San Antonio that allows them) there was a lot of gloom and doom lecturing. Rupturing and hysterectomy plus infant mortality being high on the repetitive list. They even had 2 OB's do my emergency c before they even knew about the windows that are my uterus. My regular ob was just coming off a 36 hour shift and she was so nervous about me she already had her 2 partners in the wings. Before we even knew I was going to end in a c. I love my paranoid ob, she is so on it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors