Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early Arrivals (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   I cant put her down! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1325124)

melimama 12-17-2011 01:42 PM

I cant put her down!

D is 2 months (4weeks adjusted) and for a while she was the best sleeper! I could put her in the bassinet wide awake and she would go right to sleep without a sound. The last 5 days she will not let me put her down. I've tried the bassinet, swing, bouncy seat, swaddled, unswaddled and she lasts about 2 minutes before she starts screaming. I've been putting her in the moby so I can get stuff done but I feel like I'm perpetuating the problem. Help me!

Chrijodo 12-18-2011 08:32 AM

Re: I cant put her down!

Breathe!

You are not perpetuating the problem, you are listening to your baby. She needs you to hold her right now. She needs to be close to you for comfort. You are giving her that. You will not spoil her or create an issue by listening to your baby *hugs* My girls were easy until they hit around 6 weeks adjusted and then it was like they "woke up" and suddenly became very needy. It lasted until they could do more mobile things and then they went back to being pretty easy kiddos

rosenfried2 12-20-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrijodo
Breathe!

You are not perpetuating the problem, you are listening to your baby. She needs you to hold her right now. She needs to be close to you for comfort. You are giving her that. You will not spoil her or create an issue by listening to your baby *hugs* My girls were easy until they hit around 6 weeks adjusted and then it was like they "woke up" and suddenly became very needy. It lasted until they could do more mobile things and then they went back to being pretty easy kiddos

Growth spurts...wanting mommy...hungry... you aren't spoiling mama! Hang in there!

melimama 12-21-2011 08:38 AM

Well she gained 3.5 lbs in a month!! Lol! I guess that explains it! She was a preemie so I guess she's catching up :)

lucysgreenmomma 12-21-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrijodo
Breathe!

Agree with this! My DD is 14 weeks only and it's like she goes through phases, she'll love her swing, bumbo seat, bouncer and being worn. Once I feel like I've got her figured out she throws me a curve ball!

Just listen to your baby, I believe it's impossible to spoil them at this young age. They just need their Mommas sometimes!!

mibarra 01-27-2012 10:30 PM

My DD was 31 weeks with 6 weeks in the NICU. Once she came home we could not put her down without her losing her mind. someone literally held her all day for the 1st 4 months, and used the kiddopotomus swaddle blanket at night. She took naps on my chest til at least 7 months. But by the time she reached a year she was a great sleeper. I believe in meeting their needs, rather than forcing them to meet yours. BUT I also had 3 grandmas in town who were literally dying to come hold the baby! :)

twinpossible 02-11-2012 08:27 AM

You cannot spoil a baby, she just needs you more right now. One of my twins is very needy and the other one is not so sometimes it is personality and sometimes it is a phase. Hang in there momma :)

Belbaby3728 02-16-2012 10:31 AM

My girl is the same age as yours- born at 35 weeks, just shy of 8 weeks now and has been that way since birth. I use a sleepywrap and wear her a lot as its the only way I can get much done. She naps on me and we co-sleep. the past 8 weeks have seemed like one big clusterfeed- we still spend a majority of our day/night nursing. She's very high needs I feel and just needs to be in constant contact with someone, usually me over anyone. Hugs to you! Hopefully as they get older they'll slowly get a bit better!

lilannies mama 10-02-2012 12:33 PM

I feel you my baby was born 2 months early and is now 14 months old & still wants to be held constantly. She will take anyone holding her so she's not picky there as long as she's held or getting attention. My family says its cause she's a preemie she needs extra attention I say we've spoiled her rotten but I'm ok with it these times only happen once but she's getting heavy so I try to encourage her to play on the floor or in her play pen we make it a few mins before she wants out. So your not alone but no advice on how to fix it because I haven't figured that part out yet either.

li'l skeeter 01-14-2013 02:20 PM

I can relate! My baby boy was born at 34 weeks, now almost 4 months and loves to lay on my chest and nap, be cuddled and held. He does have some time to himself on the floor, bouncy, etc...but he's been in daycare for the past 2 weeks, only 2 days a week, and gets lots of attention there and I think he is being held ALL the time there...so lately, I can't put him down without him screaming! If I sit infront of his face and talk to him, he's fine, but he is demanding all my attention...have been babywearing him to get chores done around the house, but it gets frustrating! *hugs* to you mama!