Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Intro! just got my bfp (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1325193)

HookedByCarolyn 12-17-2011 05:16 PM

Intro! just got my bfp

Hello, I'm Carolyn. My husband and I were ntnp and I took a test today at 10/11 dpo and got 2 lines. This will be my 5th pregnancy and child. My other kids names and ages are in my siggy. My youngest ds was due August 25th, 2010 and this baby is due August 28th! I am also hoping for a vbac. I had my first 3 naturally, but my 4th I had to have a csection at 36 weeks because I had a vasa previa. Google it, its scary stuff! If my water had broken, my son would have most likely bled to death within minutes! The survival rate is less than 1% if undiagnosed in pregnancy, and unfortunately most aren't diagnosed until labor and its too late. I'm very thankful for the doctors that found mine and for delivery my baby safely, though early. I do REALLY want a vbac though. But there's plenty of time to worry about that. :0) I look forward to this journey with all of you!

myall4him2 12-17-2011 05:47 PM

Re: Intro! just got my bfp

Congrats mama and welcome to the group! This is also my 5th pregnancy and my 4th VBAC!

HookedByCarolyn 12-17-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myall4him2 (Post 14304018)
Congrats mama and welcome to the group! This is also my 5th pregnancy and my 4th VBAC!

Awesome! And thank you. So what should I expect with a growing belly after a csection? Will my scar hurt? It still aches and itches and its been 17 months!

myall4him2 12-17-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn (Post 14304099)
Awesome! And thank you. So what should I expect with a growing belly after a csection? Will my scar hurt? It still aches and itches and its been 17 months!

My C-Section was with my first child and I got pregnant with my second child when my first was only 10 months old. I don't remember having any aches and itches along my csection scar? If it's itching I would maybe put some lotion on it, maybe it's dry? Not sure about the aching though? Is it bad pain? or just light in the background pain?

There's not much to expect with a VBAC. They'll monitor you more when you're in labor to watch for any signs of rupture. Research research research! The risk of rupture is so LOW, but some doctors will make you think it's very dangerous. It is not. A lot of hospitals around my area won't allow VBAC's not b/c they're dangerous, but b/c if anything were to happen it would be very expensive for the insurance companies! So just know your stuff. Know the statistics.

Also, check with your OBGYN, if they don't feel comfortable with it, find one who is. They may not even allow VBACs.

Anywho, feel free to ask any questions!

leviandgarettsmom 12-18-2011 12:01 AM

Congratulations & welcome! I am going for a vbac too. I delivered DD daughter vaginally after going into labor on my own @ 41 wks 3 days & delivered DS via CS @ 41 wks 5 days after being induced for low fluid level then not progressing...stuck @ 4cm for 6 hrs...not fun! One of my BFFs is a L&D nurse & she let me know that my OB is the only one on staff who will allow vbacs! :yay: So :crossfingers: for vbacs all around! :thumbsup:

DS is almost 17 months & every once in awhile my scar will itch like crazy, but it seems so sensitive/tender still, I can't scratch it very hard when it does.

HookedByCarolyn 12-18-2011 10:53 AM

I think I like over produce scar tissue or something. I got a mole removed a few years ago and the scar grew so much it was the same size as the stinkin mole that was there. But the mole didn't grow back, it was all scar tissue. Now my c-section scar is like that. Its raised up and red and itches like crazy sometimes. But like you, Deanna, I can't scratch it bc its too sensitive.

I haven't begun my vbac research yet, but I will after Christmas. I need to find a new doctor probably because I usually deliver with midwives and I don't know if they can/allowed to do vbacs. I will have lots of calls to make. I will fight to get one tho. I won't have another section unless medically nessessary.

s2grace 12-18-2011 05:27 PM

I hope you're midwives can help you with a vbac! I see midwives and our hospital does vbacs, they just have to make sure the doctor on call knows there is one. I was in labor for 33 hours (after my water broke) and they just made sure the doc was informed on everything. At the end she (doc) came in to do suction because he just wouldn't come out but when they told me that, I started pushing like crazy (and used a mirror- huge help! Where was that hours before???!) so we didn't need it and my midwife delivered him. Hope you can have the same experience!

mrsmccullen07 12-18-2011 05:54 PM

My last baby was my first VBAC. I delivered him unmedicated with a midwife in a hospital :) I have learned that midwives are normally more supportive of a VBAC :) Mine defintly was !! This time I am going with a different dr. office with different midwives but hope for a great experience.

Oh and Congratulations !!

HookedByCarolyn 12-19-2011 03:04 PM

Thank you ladies! This gives me hope!

JAG's baby mama 12-23-2011 01:59 PM

The vasa previa was hopefully a fluke, mama. :pray: for your VBAC.

Have a H&H 9 mos.:goodvibes: